NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Bloomberg today unveiled a significant redesign to its flagship Bloomberg iPad app. The app, which first launched along with the iPad itself, has been completely re-imagined to provide business executives instant access to the business news and market information that is most relevant to them. Users now have their own command center, where they can access top news, a personalized snapshot of world markets and a summary of their investments (including news and earnings updates on companies in their Watchlist) without leaving their home screen.
"The redesigned Bloomberg app is personalized for users, enabling them to dig as deep as they want into the content and data. It's a rich experience without being overwhelming. That's what makes it so unique," said Oke Okaro, global head & general manager of mobile and connected devices for Bloomberg L.P.
This level of personalization is the first-of-its kind within the business and finance category, and is complemented with a sophisticated yet intuitive navigation that allows users to dig deeper into the content and put information in context. For example, if a user is reading a technology-focused article that mentions Apple, the latest stock price is displayed in the article alongside its company name. With just one tap, the user can access comprehensive company information including key statistics, financials, and sophisticated charting tools - including the ability to benchmark Apple's performance against competitors and major indices.
"The app allows for multiple ways to discover content and smartly reveals more tools and contextually relevant information," added Okaro.
Users can now access powerful new performance charts and summary visualizations to analyze and manage information when tracking personal holdings (stocks, mutual funds, ETFs, currencies). For example, they can see a summary of the leaders and laggards at any given moment and get a snapshot of their portfolio by asset type, industry and location.
Other key features include:
- Streaming Video: Watch videos uninterrupted while browsing the app using the portable video player.
- Quick access to related company pages and topics: View in-line stock quotes and jump directly to company or topic information from articles.
- News formatted to fit personal reading styles: Adjust font size and contrast within news articles to maximize readability and comfort. View in portrait and landscape.
- Seamless access to personalized Watchlists and settings: Sign in or register a Bloomberg.com account to synchronize Watchlists and save app settings across all personal devices.
- A universal back button to easily navigate the experience.
About Bloomberg Mobile
Bloomberg Mobile provides award-winning mobile products -- apps and mobile websites -- including Bloomberg (available on iPhone, iPad, Android phone, Android tablet, Blackberry and Symbian), Bloomberg TV+ (available on iPad), Bloomberg Radio+ (available on Android, iPhone and iPod Touch), Bloomberg Businessweek+ (available on iPad and iPhone) and Bloomberg Markets+ (available on iPad). For more details, please visit http://www.bloomberg.com/mobile.