LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--It’s a milestone 500 episodes for America’s Funniest Home Videos on Sunday, November 11, at 7 p.m. EST on ABC. The show joins The Simpsons, Lassie and Gunsmoke, as the only primetime entertainment shows to reach this benchmark.
Says Tom Bergeron, on the special show, “Taping AFV's 500th episode made me appreciate the unique milestone we share with Lassie and The Simpsons, made possible with countless videos of dogs who are smart and people who are yellow!"
Marking the occasion as only AFV can, Bergeron pays tribute to the show’s most popular video clip for the past 23 years - a whack to the groin. With the help of Kristen Dalton, Miss USA 2009, Bergeron awards The Golden Cup trophy to the one millionth groin hit to air on the show.
Upon achieving a rare 500th episode, show creator and executive producer Vin Di Bona remarks, “500 shows... A reflective moment in my life... But not too reflective... We have 16 more shows to produce this year... Thankfully though, our work is fun!”
Also featured on the episode are people and pets who have problems with doors and windows, a little league team getting a wet surprise, a wedding mishap musical montage and the reveal of the video clip which won the most money in the history of AFV.
America’s Funniest Home Videos Facts
- AFV is the longest-running primetime entertainment show on ABC.
- AFV is in its 23rd year on the air.
- Nearly 13 million dollars has been given away.
- There are approximately 1,250,000 clips in the library.
- Generally one submission in 100 makes it on air.
- AFV is one of the only family shows currently on the air that parents and kids enjoy together.
- Videos can be uploaded at AFV.com
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50472512&lang=en