SECAUCUS, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Panasonic, an industry leader in rugged, reliable mobile computers since 1996, today announced the Toughbook C2 – a semi-rugged convertible tablet PC that is Panasonic’s first Toughbook model optimized for the new Microsoft® Windows 8 Pro operating system. The new device includes a third-generation Intel® CoreTM processor, delivers approximately 11 hours of battery life and offers the industry-leading reliability that is synonymous with the Toughbook brand. For highly mobile workers in markets like healthcare, education and field sales – as well as the IT departments that support them – the Toughbook C2 will deliver the performance and reliability needed to drive improved productivity.
Panasonic Toughbook C2: Key Features
- Microsoft® Windows 8 Pro 64-bit operating system with Microsoft® Windows 7 professional option available
- Intel® Core™ i5-3427U vProTM (3MB cache, up to 2.8 GHz) with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology
- 5-point capacitive multi-touch 12.5-inch, 500 nit, daylight-readable HD display with an anti-reflective/anti-glare treatments, and IPS technology to enable a wide viewing angle
- Digitizer for effortless note-taking and signature capture with an electronic pen
- Enhanced triple hinge design that provides durable support when rotating the screen to tablet mode
- Leading battery life: Delivers approx. 11 hours of continuous use depending on usage conditions (approx. 15 hours with optional long life battery)
- Bridge battery allows the main battery to be swapped without powering down the device
- Approx. 3.99 lb. magnesium alloy design
- High-definition 720p webcam with built-in microphone and optional 3MP rear facing camera
- Redesigned ergonomic Y-shaped hand strap for easy carrying in both landscape and portrait modes
- Embedded wireless technologies including Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth® and optional 4G LTE or 3G Gobi™ mobile broadband
- Flexible configuration options including the optional inclusion of a serial port, VGA (HDMI port comes standard) or modem port, as well as optional near field communications (NFC) or SmartCard reader for user authentication
- Ambient light, magnetic, acceleration and gyro sensors to enable new Windows 8 functionalities
- USB 3.0 ports: Includes two backward-compatible USB 3.0 ports that allow file transfer speeds up to 10x faster than USB 2.0 ports
For a full list of Toughbook C2 specifications, visit http://www.Toughbook.com.
“The way we use technology on the job is evolving – today’s mobile professional demands flexibility and durability in addition to power and full functionality,” said Kyp Walls, director of product management, Panasonic System Communications Company of North America. “We engineered the Toughbook C2 to go where our customers go and to do whatever they need it to do, without the concerns that are inherent with a less reliable notebook or tablet.”
Offering improved ruggedness over previous models of its type, the Toughbook C2 is designed to withstand a wide variety of work environments. Its magnesium alloy case and shock-mounted flex-connect hard drive allow it to handle up to a 30-inch drop to six sides, as well as a 12-inch drop from 26 angles. The computer also features a spill-resistant keyboard (up 6 ounces).
Specialized Features for Healthcare Users
The Toughbook C2 is built to be the ideal mobile point-of-care solution for nurses, doctors and other healthcare professionals. Its long battery life is designed for a full work shift without the need for recharging or docking, while its combination of bridge battery and optional lightweight battery offers professionals an even lighter alternative while still allowing for continuous uninterrupted use. The redesigned hand strap allows it to be carried comfortably for long periods of time. Its fanless design means no air is drawn in or out of the device, minimizing the spread of airborne pathogens.
Pricing and Availability
The Panasonic Toughbook C2 is available this December from authorized Panasonic resellers starting at $2949. The Toughbook C2 includes a standard three-year limited warranty.
Follow the Toughbook Brand
Panasonic Solutions for Business
Built on a celebrated engineering foundation, Panasonic architects business technology solutions that help build a better world. Customers in government, healthcare, production, education and a wide variety of commercial enterprises, large and small, depend on integrated solutions from Panasonic to help them acquire, manage and interpret the information that drives innovation. The complete suite of Panasonic solutions addresses unified business communications, mobile computing, security and surveillance, retail point-of-sale, office productivity, high definition visual conferencing, visual communications (professional projectors, displays, digital signage) and HD and 3D video production. As a result of its commitment to R&D, manufacturing and quality control, Panasonic engineers reliable and long-lasting solutions as a partner for continuous improvement. Panasonic solutions for business are delivered by Panasonic System Communications Company of North America, which is a division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation (NYSE: PC).
All brand and company/product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of the respective companies. All specifications are subject to change without notice. Information on Panasonic solutions for business can be obtained by calling 877-803-8492 or at www.panasonic.com/business-solutions.
About Panasonic Corporation of North America
Based in Secaucus, NJ, Panasonic Corporation of North America provides a broad line of digital and other electronics products and services for consumer, business and industrial use. The company is the principal North American subsidiary of Osaka, Japan-based Panasonic Corporation (NYSE: PC), and the hub of Panasonic’s U.S. branding, marketing, sales, service and R&D operations. Panasonic is committed to becoming the electronics industry's leader in green innovation by its one-hundredth anniversary in 2018. In the 2012 Interbrand Annual Best Global Green Brands ranking, the Panasonic brand jumped four spots to number six: http://www.interbrand.com/en/best-global-brands/Best-Global-Green-Brands/2012-Report.aspx. As part of its continuing efforts to reduce its carbon footprint, Panasonic Corporation of North America will relocate its operations to a new eco-efficient office tower adjacent to a mass transit hub in Newark, NJ in 2013. Information about Panasonic Eco Ideas initiatives is available at http://panasonic.net/eco/ecoideas. Information about Panasonic and its products is available at www.panasonic.com. Additional company information for journalists is also available at www.panasonic.com/pressroom.