DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8wnnwc/global) has announced the addition of the "Global Biopharmaceutical Market Report & Forecast (2012-2017)" report to their offering.
The global biopharmaceutical Industry has come a long way since its first drug - Humulin was approved in 1982. Today more than three hundred biopharmaceuticals have already been approved and many more are in late stages of clinical development. These drugs have not only advanced the prevention and treatment of a number of life threatening diseases, but have also provided the thrust for the continued success of the pharmaceutical industry.
Under mounting economic pressures to increase their outputs, pharmaceutical manufacturers have embraced biopharmaceuticals as a means to maintain flow in their drying pipelines. Bringing a biopharmaceutical, however, represents a very risky proposition as out of every ten drugs that enter the clinical phases, only three manage to gain market approval. But the industry's US$ 109 Billion figures and double digit growth rates in recent years bears a testimony to the fact that the ones that finally do get approval represent goldmines for investors.
Although factors like biosimilar entry and cost containment in the developed markets are likely to restrain the growth of this market in the coming years, IMARC expects that with their high potency and ability to attack targets beyond the reach of traditional small molecule drugs, biopharmaceuticals provide the industry with a huge scope for future growth. A rich late stage pipeline and increasing demand in emerging markets are also expected to be major drivers in the coming years. IMARC expects the global biopharmaceutical market to exceed sales worth US$ 166 Billion by 2017.
IMARC's new report Global Biopharmaceutical Market Report (2012-2017) gives a deep insight into the global biopharmaceutical market. The research study serves as an analytical as well as a statistical tool to understand the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats, market trends, geographical structure, therapeutic structure, competitive structure and the outlook of the global biopharmaceutical market till 2017. This report will serve as an excellent guide for investors, researchers, consultants, marketing strategists, and all those who are planning to foray into the global biopharmaceutical market in any form.
What We Have Achieved in this Report?
Deep Qualitative Understanding of Various Factors Driving and Restraining the Global Biopharmaceutical Market
Key Aspects Analyzed:
- Driving Factors
- Restraining Factors
- Market Opportunities
Comprehensive Situation Analysis of the Global Biopharmaceutical Market and its Dynamics
North America: United States and Canada
Latin America: Mexico, Brazil and Argentina
Europe: Germany, France, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, Russia and Turkey
Asia Pacific: Japan, China, Australia, South Korea, India and Indonesia
Classes Covered for Each Country: Erythropoietins, Insulin, Interferons, Growth Hormones, Immunoglobulins, Colony Stimulating Factors, Recombinant Blood Factors, Recombinant Enzymes, Growth Factors, Interleukins, Monoclonal Antibodies and Purified Proteins
Focus of the Analysis for Each Country:
- Total Market Performance (2005 - 2011)
- Performance of Various Classes (2005 - 2011)
- Performance of Top Players (2005 - 2011)
- Market Forecast (2012 - 2017)
Key Questions Answered in this Report:
- What are the key advantages/ disadvantages of biopharmaceuticals over small molecule drugs in terms of efficacy, safety, price, approval times, market growth, etc.?
- What are the key opportunities and threats faced by the biopharmaceutical industry?
- What has been the historical and current performance of the global biopharmaceutical market and how is it expected to perform in the coming years?
- Which are the world's largest biopharmaceutical markets?
- Which are the world's fastest growing biopharmaceutical markets?
- What is the structure and composition of various biopharmaceutical markets across the globe?
- Which are the world's largest biopharmaceutical segments?
- Which are the world's fastest growing biopharmaceutical segments?
- Who are the world's largest biopharmaceutical companies and how have they performed in recent years?
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8wnnwc/global