ST. LOUIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--HauntWorld (www.hauntworld.com), the world’s largest online directory of haunted houses and Halloween activities, announced today this year’s Top 13 list of haunted attractions in the United States. HauntWorld, which helps over 10 million people find the world’s best haunted attractions, selects the recipients of this prestigious ranking based on the attractions’ quality of special effects, passion for scary detail and overall “fright factor”.
The haunted attractions included in this year’s list are leaders in the Halloween industry and are among the top entertainment attractions in the country. Each attraction chosen for the Top 13 list costs up to $1 million to construct, and utilizes professionally trained actors and the latest technology to transport visitors into a Halloween-themed environment that rivals any horror movie set.
“The professional haunted attraction industry has evolved beyond your average neighborhood houses covered in cobwebs and playing spooky tape-recorded noises. Now full-fledged scare theme parks, these haunted attractions host large teams comprised of master Hollywood special effects technicians, makeup artists, set designers and talented actors,” said Larry Kirchner, owner of www.HauntWorld.com and Editor-in-Chief of HauntWorld Magazine. “This year’s HauntWorld Top 13 attractions have mastered the business of scary, generating over $1 billion in revenue per year, and are guaranteed to provide visitors a great Halloween experience.”
Top Professional Haunted Attractions: 2012
1) 13th Gate, Baton Rouge, LA, www.13thgate.com
2) Netherworld, Atlanta, GA, www.fearworld.com
3) Headless Horseman, Ulster Park, New York, www.headlesshorseman.com
4) Cutting Edge, Dallas, Texas, www.cuttingedgehauntedhouse.com
5) House of Torment, Austin, Texas, www.thehouseoftorment.com
6) Erebus, Pontiac, Michigan www.hauntedpontiac.com
7) The Asylum, Denver, CO, www.getscared.com
8) Dent Schoolhouse, Cincinnati, OH, www.frightsite.com
9) The Darkness, St. Louis, MO www.scarefest.com
10) The Beast /Edge of Hell, Kansas City, MO, www.KCBeast.com
11) Bates Motel, Philadelphia, PA www.thebatesmotel.com
12) 13th Floor, San Antonio, TX and Phoenix, AZ, http://www.13thfloorsanantonio.com or www.13thflooraz.com
13) Nightmare on the Bayou, Houston, Texas www.nightmareonthebayou.com
For more information on this year’s Top 13 as well as other attraction industry lists, please visit www.hauntworld.com and http://www.hauntworld.com/featured_article/best_and_scariest_haunted_houses_top_rated_halloween_haunts_in_america_2012
Hauntworld Magazine (www.hauntworld.com) is the premier haunted attraction magazine in the industry. Its online component, www.HauntWorld.com, is the Halloween industry’s leading resource and connects over 10 million people each year with haunted attractions and Halloween activities in their local areas.
HauntWorld provides insider access into the world of haunted houses and attractions. Readers can find information regarding the top haunts around the country and internationally, Halloween vendors, manufacturers, events, tips and forums.