ARLINGTON, Va.--()--The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)® announced today that it received the 2012 CARE award from Northern Virginia Family Services (NVFS). CEA has won the CARE award for four consecutive years in recognition of its commitment to providing a workplace that caters to the needs of working families and improves work-life balance.
“CEA is thrilled to receive recognition from NVFS for the family-friendly workplace that we strive to improve each year”
“CEA is thrilled to receive recognition from NVFS for the family-friendly workplace that we strive to improve each year,” said Gary Shapiro, president and CEO, CEA. “We remain committed to providing our well-rounded employees with benefits and policies that keep them motivated, happy and healthy to reward and help fuel their dedication to driving growth in the consumer electronics industry.”
NVFS commended CEA for its leadership among Northern Virginia employers offering family-friendly benefits, including:
- A mortgage assistance program with a $25,000 unsecured, forgivable loan to apply towards a down payment of a primary residence in Arlington County;
- A tuition assistance program offering employees a 75 percent reimbursement on college or university expenses, up to a maximum of $5,250 annually;
- Instructor-led boot camp, strength training and yoga classes as well as access to a 24/7 onsite gym at no cost to CEA employees;
- Summer hours, giving employees the option to work extra hours Monday through Thursday from Memorial Day through Labor Day to leave the office at 1 p.m. on Fridays;
- A 35-hour work week with flexible hours; and
- The opportunity to telecommute one day a week.
The CARE awards were developed in 1992 to encourage companies to institute family-friendly programs. By recognizing companies that have developed innovative benefits and policies, NVFS aims to increase family-friendly policies within the Northern Virginia business community.
The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) is the preeminent trade association promoting growth in the $206 billion U.S. consumer electronics industry. More than 2,000 companies enjoy the benefits of CEA membership, including legislative advocacy, market research, technical training and education, industry promotion, standards development and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. CEA also owns and produces the International CES – The Global Stage for Innovation. All profits from CES are reinvested into CEA’s industry services. Find CEA online at www.CE.org, www.DeclareInnovation.com and through social media: https://www.facebook.com/#!/CEAfeed, http://twitter.com/ceafeed, http://blog.ce.org/.
CEA Industry Forum
October 14-17, 2012, San Francisco, CA
CEA Research Summit at Industry Forum
October 17, 2012, San Francisco, CA
CEO Summit and Board Retreat
October 17-19, 2012, Sonoma, CA
CES Unveiled STOCKHOLM
October 29, 2012, Stockholm, Sweden
CES New York Press Preview featuring CES Unveiled NEW YORK
November 12, 2012, New York, NY
CES Unveiled LONDON
November 15, 2012, London, UK
2013 International CES
January 8-11, 2013, Las Vegas, NV