ATLANTA--()--Ben Cohen Worldwide LLC and Media Out Loud Global LLC today announced StandUp Magazine, a quarterly publication focused on the best of sports culture -- including the importance of positive role models, fairness, character and leadership across all levels of sports. Eric Carlyle and Patrick Davis will serve as co-publishers of the magazine.
“It is time to celebrate a return to true sportsmanship and the spirit of fairness at its core. As sports role models, we have an incredible opportunity with StandUp Magazine to set an example for character in action, welcoming all to sports and creating good on and off the field.”
StandUp Magazine, carrying the tagline “True Champions Stand Up,” will debut with a November/December 2012 issue, featuring Ben Cohen, MBE on the cover. The 120-page launch issue is supported by major advertisers across sports apparel, athletic footwear, beverages, hotels, technology and the automotive industry. The official launch party will be held at the W Hotel Midtown Atlanta on November 14, 2012. Subscription, advertising and launch event information can be found at www.standup-magazine.com.
A share of profits from the venture will support the work of the Ben Cohen StandUp Foundation, the world’s first foundation dedicated to anti-bullying and removing homophobia from sports. The Foundation operates in the U.S. and the U.K.
The print publication, complemented by robust Web and mobile app properties, will highlight the positive stories and social impact of sports men and women wherever they play -- from community fields to major universities to the global professional sports arena.
Ben Cohen, MBE, a rugby World Cup champion and Chairman of the Foundation said, “It is time to celebrate a return to true sportsmanship and the spirit of fairness at its core. As sports role models, we have an incredible opportunity with StandUp Magazine to set an example for character in action, welcoming all to sports and creating good on and off the field.”
Eric Carlyle, president at Media Out Loud Global LLC said, “StandUp Magazine brings a fantastic addition to our portfolio of properties. Sports culture is changing and it is time to document and share the people, attitudes and good works making that happen.”
StandUp Magazine will be available nationwide, with planned distribution through Barnes & Noble Booksellers and by subscription; it will be sampled and promoted to more than 1.5 million customers through other media properties and merchandise distribution channels.
Publication dates for the first four quarterly issues of StandUp Magazine are:
- November 10, 2012
- February 10, 2013
- May 10, 2013
- August 10, 2013
Issues of StandUp Magazine will feature the following sections:
- Global Positioning: Insights into how the world’s biggest sports stars and team owners give back
- Field Work: Stories of sports teams and players in their local communities
- Cheer Them On: Profiles on university teams and players who will define tomorrow’s sports world
- By the Numbers: Details on the sports teams and players with the biggest social impact
- A Mile in My Shoes (Cleats or Skates): Interviews uncovering the struggles that inspired good work
- At Home: Up-close and in-person profiles of the men, women and families behind the teams
- The Athlete’s Diet: Expert advice, menus and recipes from renowned chefs
- Offense/Defense: Intense debate on the social issues that sometimes shape sports culture
- Sideline Rants: Keeping it real when sportsmanship fails and stars disappoint
- In Your Face: The Editor’s Letter
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50420065&lang=en