REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) announced today that EA SPORTSTM NHL®13 is now available at retail stores throughout North America. NHL 13 is available on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system. Headlined by all-new True Performance Skating and EA SPORTS Hockey I.Q., NHL 13 offers an innovative new gameplay experience that definitively captures the speed, creativity and strategy of NHL® hockey. NHL 13 also delivers brand new experiences that connect hockey fans to their friends and the real world of hockey with the all-new GM Connected and NHL Moments Live modes.
Early critical reception for NHL 13 has been extremely positive with Bleacher Report calling NHL 13 a “strong early candidate for sports game of the year”, while Jeff Bakalar, CNET says that NHL 13 is “the most realistic hockey game ever”. NHL 13 represents the biggest year-on-year leap for the franchise on this console generation and has been eagerly anticipated by sports fans across the world.
“The EA SPORTS NHL team has always been a leader in innovation within the sports videogame category but the quality of innovation found within NHL 13 is the crowning achievement for this franchise,” said Dean Richards, General Manager, NHL, EA SPORTS. “Our team has delivered a feature set that will truly change the way you play the game.”
New features and modes include:
- True Performance Skating – A game-changing innovation for the franchise that adds physics-driven skating and over 1000 new animations, True Performance Skating authentically replicates the explosiveness, momentum and top end speed displayed by today’s NHL players. True Performance Skating combined with the Skill Stick finally gives gamers access to the entire toolset of an NHL player, delivering unprecedented control and unlocking a level of creativity never before possible in a hockey videogame.
- GM Connected – The largest multi-user online dynasty ever in a sports videogame with up to 30 user managed teams and 750 players. GM Connected takes the franchise’s most popular offline mode, Be a GM, and allows you to play with and against your friends in your own NHL starting with the 2012-2013 season and continuing for up to 25 seasons. With five ways to play, the mode offers unrivaled accessibility and depth allowing players to play, coach, or manage. GMs can also take their experience with them through the NHL 13 Mobile Companion app*.
- EA SPORTS Hockey I.Q. – An innovative new A.I. system where players and goalies are now fully aware of every other player on the ice, resulting in quicker, smarter and more true-to-life decision-making. EA SPORTS Hockey IQ also delivers the deepest and most customizable set of real-world hockey systems and strategies ever for the franchise.
- NHL Moments Live – Rewrite or relive history as you replay some of the most thrilling moments from today’s NHL. Moments from the 2011-12 NHL season will ship on disc and updated content featuring 2012-2013 moments added as and when available.
- New Look and Feel in Hockey Ultimate Team – Create the greatest fantasy team in sports with Hockey Ultimate Team. In a mode without career lengths or a salary cap, acquire and assemble top players from around the world, then take on opponents within a massive online community. HUT in NHL 13 features an enhanced storefront, all-new collections, and a new auction house – where for the first time ever, you can stay connected through the NHL 13 Mobile Companion app*.
- Presentation Overhaul – A presentation overhaul designed to match the gameplay innovations undertaken in NHL 13 ensuring that the game looks as good as it feels. Additions include Team-First Presentation, the all-new True Broadcast camera, linear HDR lighting, dynamic skate spray, enhanced player models, and a stunning recreation of the 2012 NHL Winter Classic, and much more.
- NHL 13 Mobile Companion App* – Stay connected to your EA SPORTS NHL experience with the NHL 13 Mobile Companion App*. At home or on the go, interact with friends and rivals in GM Connected and Hockey Ultimate Team modes as you stay on top of schedules, trades, the HUT auction house and league news.
NHL 13 also features community-requested improvements to core offline and online modes, including Be a Pro, EA SPORTS Hockey League, and many more.
NHL 13 Stanley Cup® Collector’s Edition Available in Limited Quantities
Celebrate over 20 years of EA SPORTS NHL hockey with the first ever collector’s edition on this console generation. With Stanley Cup-inspired digital offerings and a collectible Stanley Cup® tin featuring an embossed Stanley Cup image, the NHL 13 Stanley Cup Collector’s Edition offers $40 in added value. MSRP: $79.99 – Visit the EA SPORTS NHL website for full details.
EA SPORTS Season Ticket
NHL 13 is part of the EA SPORTS™ Season Ticket program. EA SPORTS Season Ticket subscribers were provided full digital access to NHL 13 three days before retail launch, and will have the opportunity to download 24 Gold Premium Packs in Hockey Ultimate Team (over $30 in value). Subscribers are also entitled to 20% off any additional paid downloadable content purchased for NHL 13. Visit the EA SPORTS Season Ticket website for full details and benefits for all participating titles.
To download assets, please visit the EA press site at http://info.ea.com.
NHL 13 was developed at EA Canada in Vancouver and is rated E10+ by the ESRB and PEGI 12; visit www.esrb.org and www.pegi.info for more information. Become a fan of EA SPORTS NHL on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/easportsnhl and follow us on Twitter via http://www.twitter.com/easportsnhl.
For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game communities, please visit www.easports.com to connect, share and compete.
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, NCAA® Football, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® golf, SSXTM, and Fight Night boxing. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com.
*NHL 13 Mobile Companion App available for iOS version 5.x or later. App not available in France, Gibraltar, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Libya, Morocco, Serbia and Montenegro, and Syria
About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: EA) is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. The Company delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, tablets and social networks. EA has more than 220 million registered players and operates in 75 countries.
In fiscal 2012, EA posted GAAP net revenue of $4.1 billion. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, EA is recognized for a portfolio of critically acclaimed, high-quality blockbuster brands such as The Sims™, Madden NFL, FIFA Soccer, Need for Speed™, Battlefield™ and Mass Effect™. More information about EA is available at http://info.ea.com.
EA SPORTS, SSX, The Sims and Need for Speed are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. Mass Effect is a trademark of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd. Battlefield is a trademark of EA Digital Illusions CE AB. John Madden, NFL, NBA, NHL NCAA, Tiger Woods, PGA TOUR and FIFA are the property of their respective owners and used with permission. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NHL® 13 is an Officially Licensed Product of the NHL and the NHLPA. NHLPA, National Hockey League Players' Association and the NHLPA logo are trademarks of the NHLPA. © NHLPA.
NHL and the NHL Shield are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. NHL and NHL team marks are the property of the NHL and its teams. © NHL 2012. All Rights Reserved.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50403432&lang=en