DUBLIN--(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/lqd737/plunketts_games) has announced the addition of Plunkett Research Ltd's new book "Plunkett's Games, Apps and Social Media Industry Almanac 2012" to their offering.)--Research and Markets (
“Plunkett's Games, Apps and Social Media Industry Almanac 2012”
Three of the most exciting areas in the world of information technology have tremendous synergies and are closely connected in the worlds of information and entertainment: electronic games, mobile apps and social media.
Competition continues to heat up as mergers and acquisitions create international mega-firms, and hundreds of millions of people connect worldwide via online gaming platforms and social media such as Facebook. As social media grows more global, it is also being incorporated in virtually all online activities, from business collaboration to online retailing.
Games are growing in two channels at once: online and offline. While multi-player games online are vastly popular, game machine manufacturers such as Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo continue to introduce big breakthroughs in handsets that keep players excited, including the new move towards 3D. Meanwhile, apps are changing the shape of the mobile and wireless industry.
This carefully-researched book is a complete market research and business intelligence tool - everything you need to know about the business of games, apps and social media. The book includes analysis of games, apps and social media industry trends; dozens of statistical tables; an industry glossary; a database of industry associations and professional organizations; and in-depth profiles of more than 300 of the world's leading companies, both in the U.S. and abroad.
Purchasers will find a form in the book enabling them to register for 1-year, 1-seat online access to tools at Plunkett Research Online, including the ability to view the market research/industry trends section and industry statistics. You have access, at no additional charge, to the very latest data posted to Plunkett Research Online. Online tools enable you to search and view selected companies, and then export selected company contact data, including executive names. You'll find a complete overview, industry analysis and market research report in one superb, value-priced package.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1: Major Trends Affecting the Games, Apps & Social Media Industry
1) Introduction to the Games, Apps and Social Media Industry
2) User Generated Content Drives Social Media and Generates Ad Revenues
3) Social Media Privacy Concerns Plague the Industry
4) Multimedia Hub Homes Slowly Become a Reality/TVs are Internet Ready
5) New Platforms Revolutionize Electronic Games/Microsoft's New Kinect Raises the Standard
6) 3-D Games Open New Opportunities/Some Safety Concerns Arise
7) Apple's iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad Raise User Expectations and Deliver Mobile
8) Big Trends Include Kindle, ebooks and new Mobile Tablet Entertainment Devices like Apple's iPad
9) Bluetooth Provides Wireless Connectivity to Millions of Cellphones and Other Devices
10) Fantasy Sports Post Growth, Creating $1 Billion in Revenue Online
11) Multi-Player Gaming (MMORPGs) is Strong Worldwide
12) Virtual Worlds Open Up New Revenue Sources
13) Online Play/Social Gaming on the Rise
14) TV over IPTV Networks, Cable Companies and Web Sites Converge
15) Apple Rules in Apps/Android Plays Catch-up
16) Wireless Devices Become a Fast-Growing Market for Electronic Games/Angry Birds Major Success
Chapter 2: Games, Apps & Social Media Industry Statistics
- Games, Apps & Social Media Industry Overview
- Top 10 Social Networking Websites: May 2011
- Percent of Home Broadband Adoption Across Population Subgroups, U.S.: 2006-2010
- Top 10 PC Game Titles Played, U.S. - December 2010
- Top Console Usage, U.S. - December 2010
- Top 5 Search Engines, U.S.: May 2011
- Cellular & Other Wireless Telecommunications, Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2006-2009
- Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2003-2010
- Software Publishing Industry, U.S.: Estimated Revenue, Inventories & Expenses, 2006-2009
- Software Publishing Industry, U.S.: Estimated Operating Expenses, 2006-2009
- Internet Publishing & Broadcasting: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2006-2009
- Estimated U.S. Information & Entertainment Sector Revenues by NAICS Code: 2007-2009
- Wireless Standards & Speeds
- Common Internet Activities, U.S.
- Common Daily Internet Activities, U.S.
Chapter 3: Games, Apps & Social Media Industry Contacts
- Addresses, Telephone Numbers and Internet Sites
Chapter 4: THE GAMES, APPS & SOCIAL MEDIA 200: Who They Are and How They Were Chosen
- Industry List, With Codes
- Index of Companies Within Industry Groups
- Alphabetical Index
- Index of U.S. Headquarters Location by State
- Index of Non-U.S. Headquarters Location by Country
- Index by Regions of the U.S. Where the Firms Have Locations
- Index by Firms with International Operations
- Individual Profiles on each of THE GAMES, APPS & SOCIAL MEDIA 200
Companies Mentioned: Click the link below to view the list of nearly 200 companies that feature in this extensive report
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/lqd737/plunketts_games
Source: Plunkett Research Ltd