DUBLIN--(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ptshq6/ecuador_telecoms) has announced the addition of the "Ecuador - Telecoms, Mobile, Broadband and Forecasts" report to their offering.)--Research and Markets (
“Ecuador - Telecoms, Mobile, Broadband and Forecasts”
Ecuador has adopted anti-trust regulations for the first time, including a controversial article that limits private ownership in the broadcasting market.
A new telecom bill has been in the pipeline since 2009, but parliamentary approval has been repeatedly postponed. Claro, Ecuador's leading mobile operator, gains from mobile portability.The pay TV market receives a boost from CNT's launch of satellite TV services.
The government's National Broadband Plan aims to triple broadband connections by 2016.
As a measure to reduce the theft of mobile devices, SIM card owners are required to register their details or be disconnected.
Ecuador has excellent growth prospects especially in mobile and fixed broadband services.
The report covers trends and developments in the fixed-line, mobile, internet, broadband, and pay TV markets.
- Market and industry analyses, trends and developments;
- Facts, figures, and statistics;
- Government policies and regulatory issues;
- Major players (fixed, mobile and broadband);
- Fixed-line market and infrastructure;
- Broadband market (including ADSL, cable modem, BPL, FttH, and WiMAX);
- Internet and VoIP;
- Convergence and triple play solutions;
- Broadcasting (including cable TV and satellite-based TV services);
- Mobile market (including 3G and mobile broadband);
- Scenario forecasts for the fixed-line, mobile, and broadband markets for the years 2015 and 2020.
Fixed line operators:
- Claro (Ecuadortelecom/Telmex)
- Global Crossing
- Grupo Coripar
- TVCable (Suratel)
Fixed broadband providers:
- Ecuanet/Megadatos. Easynet
- Empresa Eléctrica Azogues
- Empresa Eléctrica Regional Centrosur
Pay TV providers:
- CNT TV
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ptshq6/ecuador_telecoms