WEST ORANGE, N.J.--(ZRG Life Sciences Index was up 11.1% from the first quarter, finishing at 87.8, the second highest level over the last 9 quarters. Demand for new employees in Europe drove the index up globally as EMEA reported a 34% increase in hiring levels overall. Medical device and diagnostics accounted for much of the growth, with over 1,300 new jobs sited in our index companies alone.)--Global hiring within the
- Europe is hiring! The EMEA numbers are showing a new all-time high mark for total demand;
- Medical Device and Diagnostics is rebounding with a 22.8% increase in job opportunities around the world;
- Hiring for sales talent has returned with a 40% increase in sales talent opportunities within the index companies;
- Manufacturing roles jumped 100% in the quarter reflecting the trend of geographic shifts in where product is made around the world.
- Demand in Asia Pacific dropped by 11% in the quarter, perhaps reflecting a slowing growth rate;
- Quality, Regulatory and Clinical jobs dropped 16% from last quarter, although the total number of roles still remains robust;
- Research and Development Roles dipped 11%.
- Private Equity Investment in the sector is still off 50% from last year’s levels.
While EMEA was the regional story, with a broad increase in hiring across medical device and pharma, one juggernaut is leading the charge. Novartis had a large increase in “job share” in this quarter’s index, with increased activities across all functions and regions in EMEA. Driving hiring in the medical device and diagnostics in EMEA was the big three led by Siemens, Philips and GE Medical. The America’s showed growth of 8% in new and open jobs in the quarter while APAC retreated 11.5%.
About ZRG Partners
ZRG Partners, Inc. is a global authority on talent management issues in the Life Science, Pharmaceutical and Medical markets. ZRG provides its clients with specialized global market expertise in executive recruitment, consulting and advisory work with a focus on data and analytics to drive great business decisions.
For a full copy of the report, go to www.zrgpartners.com