SEATTLE--(Hark, the world’s largest platform for pop culture sound bites, today announced its Q1 and Q2 total site visits have doubled its total visits for the entire year of 2011, signaling significant demand for its library of audio clips, images, and other popular content. Earlier this year, Hark served up its two billionth “listen” to an audio clip on the site since its launch in 2007, and is currently delivering more than 150 million listens per month in 2012.)--
“We’ve been seeing simply amazing growth and attention for our library of clips and content”
- Hark.com saw 143.4 million and 184.7 million visits in Q1 and Q2 2012, respectively, up from 20.7 million and 24.6 million in Q1 and Q2 of 2011
- In May, Hark recorded its two billionth listen, all-time, less than one year after crossing the one billion listen mark in 2011
- The Hark library now contains more than three million curated or user-generated sound bites, images and quotes
- Visitors to Hark.com spend upwards of three minutes on the site, on average, while listening to more than two clips per visit
To meet the needs of its visitors, Hark.com is now visible as a mobile-ready site, providing users with an appropriate experience for smaller screens and being “on-the-go.” Visitors have access to the full complement of clips and content in Hark’s library, all available through an easily navigated menu and home screen.
“We’ve been seeing simply amazing growth and attention for our library of clips and content,” said David Aronchick, CEO and co-founder, Hark. “From summer blockbusters to the latest political speeches, we’ve been keeping tabs on what people are looking to listen to and share for four years now, and see no reason why we shouldn’t keep expanding our platform.”
Upcoming 2012 Highlights
- For the 2012 presidential election season, Hark will be hosting topical clips and sound bites from the candidates and related parties
- Hark will be pulling together interviews from winners past and present during this year’s events in London, along with commentator reactions to key highlights, and with speeches and other newsworthy content
- Hark continues to incorporate legal, licensed content from its studio partners, including Paramount, NBC Universal, Warner Bros. Digital Distribution, CBS TV and Lionsgate, bringing clips from thousands of films and television programs
Hark is the world’s leading platform for pop culture sound bites, receiving more than 60 million visits each month (June 2012), and upwards of two billion listens since its founding, making it one of the 10 largest entertainment / movies sites on the Internet (comScore, 2012). Content from Hark is both viral and interactive and creates a powerful, compelling entertainment experience for consumers and an attractive audience platform for advertisers. The Hark platform provides visitors with the ability to share its more than three million sound bites and other content offerings via digital embedding or via social networks including Facebook, Twitter or Google+. Additionally, users can upload their own clips to the Hark platform, where they can be discovered and shared by the site’s millions of visitors each month. Hark Mobile enables an easy-to-use interface where visitors on mobile devices can discover, search for, and share their favorite sound bites while on the go, on any device.
Hark, founded in 2007 by David Aronchick and Fouad ElNaggar is headquartered in Seattle. For information, please visit www.hark.com.