SANTA CLARA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Who is your dream boss? A new Wakefield Research survey of more than 1,000 American office workers on work-life balance was conducted in June 2012 for Citrix. It shows that office workers would most like to work for the following fictional bosses (by percentage of respondents):
- Leroy Jethro Gibbs, “NCIS” - 20 percent
- Miranda Bailey, “Grey’s Anatomy” - 15 percent
- Buddy Valastro, “Cake Boss” - 14 percent
- Donald Trump, “The Apprentice” - 12 percent
- Simon Cowell, “The X Factor” - 9 percent
- Gordon Ramsay, “Hell’s Kitchen” - 8 percent
- Katherine and Sophie, “DC Cupcakes” - 7 percent
- Don Draper, “Mad Men” - 6 percent
- The No. 1 worst type of boss is a boss who steals our ideas (37 percent), followed by a boss that knows it all (33 percent).
- Almost half (49 percent) of office workers work with a “know-it-all” and 44 percent work with a “whiner.”
- Almost three-quarters of office workers have at least one company event they secretly dislike.
- Office workers are getting especially creative about finding a way to avoid going in to the office. Here are just a few excuses: “I’m having toenail issues,” “My numerologist told me not to come in,” “It’s Elvis’ birthday” and “Dog sprayed by a skunk.”
Quote: Kim DeCarlis, vice president of corporate marketing, Citrix
“These findings show what all of us office workers know – life at the office can often be challenging. This survey highlights that companies will benefit by being more flexible in allowing employees to work from anywhere. This easy move can boost morale and productivity.”
Tag cloud (10):
Office culture, work-life balance, NCIS, Mad Men, Citrix, technology, office work, bosses, career, Grey’s Anatomy
Survey Findings and Images:
Citrix (NASDAQ:CTXS) transforms how businesses and IT work and people collaborate in the cloud era. With market-leading cloud, collaboration, networking and virtualization technologies, Citrix powers mobile workstyles and cloud services, making complex enterprise IT simpler and more accessible for 260,000 organizations. Citrix products touch 75 percent of Internet users each day and it partners with more than 10,000 companies in 100 countries. Annual revenue in 2011 was $2.21 billion. Learn more at www.citrix.com.
Citrix® is a registered trademark of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50321369&lang=en