EDINBURGH, Scotland--(Skyscanner complies 10 of the best quotes about travel, travelling, holidays and foreign lands to inspire you to see the world.)--
1. Travel, which had once charmed him, seemed, at length, unendurable, a business of colour without substance, a phantom chase after his own dream's shadow.
- F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Beautiful and Damned
2. Writing and travel broaden your ass if not your mind and I like to write standing up.
- Ernest Hemingway
3. The ideal is to feel at home anywhere, everywhere
- Geoff Dyer, Paris Trance
4. I needed no better reason for the journey than to be exactly where I was, knowing what I knew. Those were the times when I felt full of natural wisdom, scratching at heaven's very door.
- Ted Simon, Jupiter’s Travels
5. Australia is about as far away as you can get. I like that.
- Andre Benjamin
6. What is that feeling when you're driving away from people and they recede on the plain till you see their specks dispersing? - it's the too-huge world vaulting us, and it's good-bye. But we lean forward to the next crazy venture beneath the skies.
- Jack Kerouac, On the Road
7. A journey is like a marriage. The certain way to be wrong is to think you control it.
-John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley
8. To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.
- Aldous Huxley
9. We could bore ourselves to death, drink ourselves to death, or have a bit of an adventure.
- Terry Darlington, Narrow Dog to Carcassonne
10. Jet lag is for amateurs.
- Dick Clark
Read the full list of 25 best travel quotes at http://www.skyscanner.net/news/articles/2012/06/012803-on-the-road-25-top-travel-quotes.html
Skyscanner is Europe’s leading travel search site providing instant online comparisons for millions of flights on over a thousand airlines, from flights to Malta to flights to Murcia as well as car hire, hotels and holidays.