LOUISVILLE, Ky.--()--Peterbilt Motors Company showcased its growing lineup of cost efficient, environmentally friendly natural gas-powered vehicles – already the largest and most comprehensive in the industry – during the Mid-America Trucking Show in Louisville, Ky.
“As customers realize the cost savings potential between operating a diesel-powered vehicle versus one that uses natural gas, it makes smart business sense”
“The many benefits of operating a natural-gas powered fleet has created strong demand across all segments of the industry, and Peterbilt is prepared to meet that demand with the widest range of natural-gas powered vehicles and engine choices of any truck manufacturer,” said Bill Kozek, Peterbilt General Manager and PACCAR Vice President.
Currently, the company offers six natural-gas vehicle solutions for over-the-road, heavy haul, regional and vocational applications, more than any other truck manufacturer.
Peterbilt alternative fuel configurations include both LNG (Liquefied Natural Gas) and CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) for the Cummins-Westport ISLG and ISX12G, and LNG with the Westport GX engine.
The present lineup includes:
- The aerodynamic, over-the-road Model 386 is the only natural gas vehicle to receive the EPA’s SmartWay® Designation, and is available with the GX;
- The vocational and heavy-haul Model 367 is available with the GX;
- The Model 365, which is used heavily in dump and mixer applications, can be equipped with the ISLG and will be made available with the ISX12G;
- The maneuverable workhorse Model 382, ideally suited for regional hauling and vocational applications, can be spec’d with the ISLG, compatible with either compressed natural gas or liquid natural gas;
- The traditionally styled and versatile Model 389 is available with the GX; and
- The low-cab forward Model 320, ideally suited for refuse applications, which can be spec’d with the ISLG and will be offered with the ISX12G.
“As customers realize the cost savings potential between operating a diesel-powered vehicle versus one that uses natural gas, it makes smart business sense,” Kozek said, explaining that the price differential between the two types of fuel is expected to be $1.75 or higher within the next three to five years. “Peterbilt’s broad alternative fuel product portfolio sets us apart across all market segments with customers looking for unique business solutions.”
Peterbilt had two vehicles on display at the Mid-America Trucking Show:
- The recently introduced Model 382 which is now available with the 9-liter Cummins-Westport ISLG and used primarily in regional haul and vocational applications features a CNG fueling system and is configured in a dump application; and
- The vocational Model 365 equipped with the new 12-liter Cummins-Westport ISX12G and is specified in a roll-off application for the refuse market.
“When you factor in the superior lifecycle costs over diesel, the reduced carbon footprint and the favorable reputation gained as a green-conscious fleet, natural gas both reduces operating costs and can help our customers in the development of new business as many municipalities and shippers are looking to partner with an environmentally friendly organization,” said Kozek.
About Peterbilt Motors Company
Based in Denton, Texas, Peterbilt Motors Company combines a global reputation for industry leading design, innovative engineering and fuel efficiency solutions, with superior quality to engineer a truck that stands as the "Class" of the industry. Through its 250-plus North American dealer locations, Peterbilt also provides a comprehensive array of aftermarket support programs to complement its full lineup of on-highway, vocational and medium duty products, including alternative fueled vehicles. Customers enjoy industry leading service and support, including preventive maintenance plans, expedited QuickCare services, automated parts inventory replenishment and 24/7 complimentary Customer Assistance through 1-800-4-Peterbilt. For more information about Peterbilt, visit www.peterbilt.com.
Peterbilt is a PACCAR Company, traded publicly on the NASDAQ as PCAR. (NASDAQ:PCAR)
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50211553&lang=en