NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--About.com (www.about.com) has expanded its mobile presence with the launch of Real Recipes, a free app for iPhone and iPod Touch that delivers the recipes and expertise of About.com’s deep catalogue of culinary content in a searchable, easy-to-use display.
Real Recipes offers more than 25,000 recipes and countless tools to enhance the user’s cooking experience, including a recipe box, recipe ratings and reviews, and the best advice and tips from the expert food Guides on About.com. Users can easily search recipes by a variety of categories, perfect their techniques with a deep catalogue of instructional content from About, submit photos and reviews of the recipe, and share with friends via e-mail or social networks. The app is free, with no registration required.
“The mission for About.com is simple: to help users find information and solutions to their everyday needs,” said Darline Jean, president and chief executive officer, the About Group. “About is one of the most-visited food sites in the United States, and for many of our readers, there is no greater everyday need than figuring out what’s for dinner and accomplishing that task. With Real Recipes, we’re ensuring that our users have access to the best of About’s culinary content, tools and expertise, no matter where they are.”
The Real Recipes app allows users to:
- Browse through thousands of recipes in a wide variety of cuisines, created by the expert food Guides on About.com and rated by other users;
- Search by ingredients, preparation method, cuisine, occasion or dietary considerations (i.e. gluten free, Kosher, vegan) using the Recipe Spinner;
- Learn about cooking techniques, ingredients and more with instructional content from About.com in the “Learn to Cook” section;
- Save favorite recipes to the Recipe Box and attach notes;
- Submit photos and reviews of recipes after trying them out;
- Share recipes with friends via e-mail, Facebook or Twitter; and
- Set kitchen timers to keep track of each different step in meal preparation.
PHILADELPHIA Cooking Creme is the launch advertising sponsor of Real Recipes. As the launch sponsor, PHILADELPHIA Cooking Creme is the exclusive advertiser in the app during the initial launch period.
The app can be downloaded from the iTunes store at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/real-recipes/id486460275?mt=8.
About The About Group
The About Group comprises the Web sites About.com, ConsumerSearch.com and CalorieCount.com. About.com is a valuable platform for content that helps users solve the large and small needs of everyday life. ConsumerSearch.com analyzes expert and user-generated consumer product reviews and recommends the best products to purchase based on the findings. CalorieCount.com is an online resource that helps users solve the everyday challenges of losing weight and living a healthy lifestyle.
The New York Times Company (NYSE: NYT), a leading global, multimedia news and information company with 2010 revenues of $2.4 billion, includes The New York Times, the International Herald Tribune, The Boston Globe, NYTimes.com, BostonGlobe.com, Boston.com, About.com and related properties. The Company's core purpose is to enhance society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news, information and entertainment.
This press release can be downloaded from www.nytco.com