SEBASTOPOL, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Safari® Books Online (www.safaribooksonline.com), the leading on-demand digital library for technology, digital media, and business professionals, today announced that its free Safari To Go iPad app is now 3G enabled, offering an optimized mobile experience for users on a 3G capable iPad.
Safari Books Online, which also features support for iPhone, iPod Touch, Blackberry, Android and most Web enabled smartphones on its mobile site, m.safaribooksonline.com, built the Safari To Go app from the ground up in 2011 to leverage the native iPad platform. The 3G update extends the initial Safari To Go app with the following functionality:
- Quickly locate information previously marked as important by using enhanced page-level bookmarking
- Ability to return to the app and the latest page read from other apps or features on the iPad device
- Native iOS navigation of the Safari Books Online portal for current subscribers, bringing a familiar experience to the iPad
- Pre-fetching of book sections for a smooth reading experience
- Caching of book content to the iPad for offline, untethered use. One full book can be downloaded for offline viewing.
- Access to streaming video training courses
“The new Safari To Go update for the iPad with 3G support gives our subscribers more of what they are asking for: true mobile access to Safari Books Online’s learning tools without being tied to a desk or hotspot,” said Bill Levien, Product Manager, Safari Books Online.
About Safari Books Online
Safari Books Online (www.safaribooksonline.com) is an on-demand digital library that delivers expert content in both book and video form from the world’s leading authors in technology and business. Technology professionals, software developers, web designers, and business and creative professionals use Safari Books Online as their primary resource for research, problem solving, learning and certification training.
Safari Books Online offers a range of product mixes and pricing programs for organizations, government agencies and individuals. Subscribers have access to thousands of books, training videos and prepublication manuscripts in one fully searchable database from publishers like Cisco Press, Prentice Hall Professional, O'Reilly Media, Addison-Wesley Professional, Microsoft Press, Sams, Que, Peachpit Press, John Wiley & Sons, Elsevier, IBM Press, Adobe Press, FT Press, Apress, Manning, New Riders, Apple Certified, Course Technology, Splash Media and dozens more. For more information about Safari Books Online, please visit us online.