SUNNYVALE, Calif.--()--Hadoop Summit 2012, the premier Apache Hadoop community event, will take place at the San Jose Convention Center, June 13-14, 2012. The event, now expanded to two days, is co-sponsored by Yahoo! and Hortonworks, and will outline the evolution of Apache Hadoop into the next generation enterprise data platform. Hadoop Summit will feature presentations from community developers, experienced users and administrators, as well as a vast array of ecosystem solution providers.
Apache Hadoop is the open source technology at the epicenter of big data and cloud computing. It enables organizations to more efficiently and cost-effectively store, process, manage and analyze the ever-increasing volume of data being created and collected every day. With Apache Hadoop, companies can connect thousands of servers to process and analyze data at supercomputing speed. Yahoo! pioneered Apache Hadoop and is a contributor to and one of the leading users of the big data platform, while Hortonworks is an independent company consisting of key architects and is the leading contributor to the Apache Hadoop technology.
The Hadoop Summit tracks include the following:
- Future of Hadoop: This track will take a technical look at the key projects and research efforts driving innovation in and around the Hadoop platform.
- Deployment and Operations: This track will focus on the deployment and operations of Hadoop clusters with an emphasis on tips, tricks and best practices.
- Enterprise Data Architecture: This track will focus on Hadoop as a data platform and how it fits within broader enterprise data architectures.
- Applications and Data Science: This track will focus on applications, tools, algorithms and data science as well as areas of advanced research and emerging applications that use and extend the Hadoop platform.
- Analytics and Business Intelligence: This track will focus on how Hadoop is powering a new generation of analytics and business intelligence solutions.
- Hadoop in Action: This track will be laser-focused on business innovation and provide concrete examples of how Hadoop is enabling businesses across a wide range of industries to become data driven.
The event’s call for papers is now open. The deadline to submit an abstract for consideration is February 22, 2012. The community-driven selection committee will choose the presentations that best highlight innovative use cases on how best to implement Hadoop to extract value from massive data sets and build momentum for the burgeoning Apache Hadoop market. Accepted presenters will be notified on or before March 9, 2012.
Discounted early bird registration is available now through March 30, 2012. To register for the event or to submit a speaking abstract for consideration, please visit: www.hadoopsummit.org.
Sponsorship packages are also now available. For more information on how to sponsor this year’s event please visit: www.hadoopsummit.org/sponsors.
Hortonworks was formed in July 2011 by Yahoo! and Benchmark Capital in order to promote the development and adoption of Apache Hadoop, the leading open source platform for storing, managing and analyzing large volumes of data. Together with the Apache community, Hortonworks is making Hadoop more robust and easier to install, manage and use. The company and its founders are leaders in designing and delivering current and future generations of Apache Hadoop and leverage their expertise to provide unmatched technical support, training and certification programs for enterprises, systems integrators and technology vendors, including ISVs, OEMs and service providers. For more information, visit www.hortonworks.com.
Yahoo! (NASDAQ:YHOO) is the premier digital media company, creating deeply personal digital experiences that keep more than half a billion people connected to what matters most to them, across devices and around the globe. And Yahoo!'s unique combination of Science + Art + Scale connects advertisers to the consumers who build their businesses. Yahoo! is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California. For more information, visit the pressroom (pressroom.yahoo.com) or the company's blog, Yodel Anecdotal (yodel.yahoo.com).
Yahoo! is the trademark and/or registered trademark of Yahoo! Inc.
All other names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners.