LOS ALTOS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Talend, a global open source software leader, today announced the availability of the Talend Platform for Data Services, making it easier for organizations to operationalize core data between multiple applications and synchronize data across enterprise boundaries. The first platform solution built on the Talend Unified Platform, it provides developers and users of the data services a common development, deployment and monitoring environment for both data management and application integration.
As organizations become more distributed and data sources more diverse, IT organizations need to efficiently and effectively leverage their information and application assets. Data management and application integration technologies used in combination meet these changing business demands. Using the Talend Platform for Data Services, IT organizations can leverage a unified platform that delivers greater functionality than proprietary technologies, and is easier to deploy and manage, at a significantly lower total cost of ownership.
“Application and data integration needs are increasingly converging, and a more comprehensive and managed approach to integration is required, both to support conventional integration needs and the shift toward hybrid cloud computing and Big Data,” said Fabrice Bonan, co-founder and chief operating officer, Talend. “We recognized this market move early on and have focused on delivering innovative, game-changing technologies that enable the democratization of IT. The recent release of Talend v5 and now the availability of the Talend Platform for Data Services, prove our ongoing commitment to provide enterprise-grade open source to drive better business efficiency for our customers and our community.”
Benefits, Architecture of the Talend Platform for Data Services
Talend’s comprehensive data services solution offers easy-to-use, common tooling that is both accessible and affordable, providing all organizations with the ability to choose the most effective enterprise-grade technologies to solve their integration needs. It includes a graphical user interface for development, a deployment mechanism and runtime environment for operations, and a monitoring console for management – all built on top of a shared metadata repository. Additional capabilities include:
- An unmatched palette of connectors and advanced data transformation capabilities that enables organizations to access any data, stored anywhere in the information system or beyond.
- An enterprise feature-set that enables enterprises to build secure, reliable and scalable batch-oriented or real-time integrations to connect a wide range of data formats and disparate applications.
- A single, integrated user experience to define, deploy, manage, and monitor both Data Integration Jobs, Web or REST Services and ESB infrastructure, making Data Services reusable and portable across applications, and the management of data across domains easier.
Customers Embrace Talend’s Holistic Integration Solutions
The Talend Platform for Data Services offers a much greater return on investment (ROI) when more than one discipline is used by providing common tooling, artifact storage, deployment, execution and monitoring capabilities. Consolidating the overall architecture on a single user interface, code base and security model eliminates “one-off” integrations. This also enables the creation of a data services layer throughout an enterprise, driving down application development and support costs. Increasingly, users are choosing Talend as their sole integration provider, demonstrating the natural integration within the Talend product portfolio, the value of the Talend Unified Platform and customers’ desire to work with a single, disruptive vendor for all their integration initiatives.
“When it came time to choose an ESB solution, there was no contest. Our experience and success with Talend’s data integration solutions has proven that their products provide the best combination of flexibility and ease of use,” said Paul Matthews, vice president, information technology, BF&M. “Using Talend Enterprise ESB with Talend Enterprise Data Integration, we are already seeing increased productivity and improvements in the way our business functions.”
Enterprise-grade Open Source Technologies
Talend also announced that all of its subscription products have been united under the “Talend Enterprise” brand, making it easier for customers, partners and the community to take advantage of Talend’s comprehensive set of open source integration tools. Built on the Talend Unified Platform, these offerings are:
- Talend Enterprise Data Integration (formerly Talend Integration Suite), the most widely used open source data integration/ETL solution in the world.
- Talend Enterprise Data Quality (formerly Talend Data Quality), the only open source enterprise data quality solution featuring data profiling, cleansing and stewardship.
- Talend Enterprise MDM (formerly Talend MDM Enterprise Edition), the first – and only – enterprise open source MDM solution.
- Talend Enterprise ESB (formerly Talend ESB Enterprise Edition), the easy to use open source ESB based on leading Apache Software Foundation integration projects.
- Talend Enterprise BPM is the newest addition to the Talend technology portfolio, recently introduced in Talend version 5.
All Talend Enterprise products, and the Talend Platform for Data Services, are available immediately through the usual Talend representatives and channels.
Talend is the recognized market leader in open source integration solutions. The company’s holistic integration platform helps organizations minimize costs and maximize the value of data integration, ETL, data quality, master data management, application integration and business process management, while supporting their shift toward the Cloud and Big Data. More than 3,500 paying customers worldwide, including eBay, ING, The Weather Channel, Deutsche Post and Allianz, subscribe to Talend’s solutions and services. With over 20 million downloads, Talend’s products are the most trusted integration solutions in the world. The company has major offices in North America, Europe and Asia, and a global network of technical and services partners. For more information, please visit http://www.talend.com.