LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Toshiba’s Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today announced its 2012 lineup of Smart Blu-ray Disc™ players1, featuring an all new Aero™ Design and new capabilities that allow consumers to directly stream A/V media services and also connect to a home network. With 2D, 3D and Wi-Fi® connectivity options, Toshiba offers Blu-ray Disc player options to meet all home entertainment needs.
“Toshiba’s new Smart Blu-ray Disc players double as both high-quality Blu-ray and DVD players and fully connected A/V streaming devices,” said Scott Ramirez, vice president of product marketing and development, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. “With A/V streaming and MediaShare capabilities, Toshiba’s Blu-ray Disc players bring Smart connectivity to any room in the home.”
- Aero Design: Toshiba’s new Blu-ray Disc players share the new Aero family design with Toshiba LED TVs. All models include the silver Aero wing and low profile design. 3D models add a wider 430mm chassis to better match other A/V components.
- A/V Streaming: Toshiba’s Smart Blu-ray Disc players include a variety of A/V streaming applications including Netflix™, VUDU™, YouTube™ and more. Toshiba has also included the Vudu Apps aggregation service for access to dozens of additional Internet widgets that offer a wide variety of content options.
- MediaShare: MediaShare is a simple DLNA® interface that allows the Smart Blu-ray Disc players to easily access content from other DLNA-compatible devices. Connecting a Smart Blu-ray Disc player to any TV instantly connects that room to the home network, and allows access to all of one’s stored A/V content.
- USB Video: With USB Video, users can enjoy videos, music, photos and more on the big screen right from a USB flash drive.
2012 Blu-ray Player Line-up
- BDX2300 and BDX3300 – The BDX2300 and BDX3300 are Toshiba’s new 2D Smart Blu-ray Disc players. With 1080p full HD playback, BD-Live™, Netflix, VUDU and other A/V streaming capabilities to access content via an Internet-connection, Dolby™ True HD and DTS HD for 7.1 channel surround, HDMI and USB Video ports, these players offer a complete entertainment experience, while maintaining great value.
The BDX2300 is Wi-Fi ready and will be available in April. The BDX3300 includes built-in Wi-Fi and will be available in May.
- BDX4300 and BDX5300 – The BDX4300 and BDX5300 are Toshiba’s new 3D Smart Blu-ray Disc players. These models include all of the functionality of the 2D models, plus 1080p 3D HD playback.
The BDX4300 is Wi-Fi ready and will be available in April. The BDX5300 includes built-in Wi-Fi and will also be available in April.
Image Gallery: http://bit.ly/ToshibaBlu-Ray
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS)
Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is comprised of three business units: Digital Products Division, Imaging Systems Division, and Telecommunication Systems Division. Together, these divisions provide digital products, services and solutions, including industry-leading portable computers; televisions, TV/DVD Combination products, Blu-ray Disc™ and DVD products, and portable devices; imaging products for the security, medical and manufacturing markets; storage products for computers; and IP business telephone systems with unified communications, collaboration and mobility applications. TAIS provides sales, marketing and services for its wide range of products in the United States and Latin America. TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation. For more information on TAIS visit us.toshiba.com.
About Toshiba Corporation
Toshiba Corporation is a world leader and innovator in pioneering high technology, a diversified manufacturer and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products spanning digital consumer products; electronic devices and components; power systems, including nuclear energy; industrial and social infrastructure systems; and home appliances. Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 490 companies, with 203,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing 6.3 trillion yen (US$77 billion). Visit Toshiba's web site at www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm.
© 2012 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including without limitation product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice. All rights reserved.
1 Blu-ray Disc™ Player Technology. Compatibility and/or performance issues are possible. See Blu-Ray Disc Player Technology Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50128294&lang=en