LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Kionix, Inc. today announced the KXCJ9, a new low-power, low-cost, low-noise micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS) accelerometer with a novel tri-axis sense element. Pin-to-pin compatible with Kionix’s popular KXTI9 and KXTF9, the KXCJ9 offers customers unmatched quality and functionality at an affordable price. Combining high performance, reduced active and passive power consumption, and unmatched stability, the KXCJ9 promises to be the “go-to” part for consumer electronics manufacturers in high-volume markets.
“Our customers face intense pressures to pack more functionality into products that are more power-efficient and cost less,” said Kenneth Salky, executive vice president of sales and marketing, Kionix, Inc. “We designed the KXCJ9 to hit these performance-power-price benchmarks—without sacrificing features.”
The KXCJ9, though low cost, is a feature-rich product. It offers:
- Low current consumption in all modes: 2 µA in standby, 10 µA at low resolution, and 135 µA at high resolution;
- A user-configurable wake-up function, which lets customers conserve battery power;
- A new sense element representing an evolution of Kionix’s leading MEMS technology. Designed and produced in Kionix’s newly expanded fab, the sense element provides excellent performance over temperature, in shock tests and in reflow. These attributes combine to produce a new level of device stability for today’s high-volume consumer electronics markets;
- User-selectable g ranges of ±2, ±4 or ±8g, as well as user-selectable Output Data Rate (ODR);
- Communication on the I2C digital serial interface bus for easy system integration, both eliminating analog-to-digital converter requirements and providing direct communication with system microcontrollers;
- An internal voltage regulator that maintains constant internal operating voltages over its 1.8 - 3.6V range of input supply. This results in stable operating characteristics and virtually undetectable ratiometric error; and
- Accelerometer outputs with up to 14-bit resolution for greater precision.
The KXCJ9 is now sampling to qualified customers. It is available in a 3 x 3 x 0.9mm, 10-pin, LGA plastic package. For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Kionix sales office nearest you.
Kionix, Inc., located in Ithaca, New York, USA, is a wholly owned subsidiary of ROHM Co., Ltd. of Japan. The Company pioneered high-aspect-ratio silicon micromachining based on research originally conducted at Cornell University and today enjoys a global reputation for MEMS product design, process engineering and quality manufacturing. Consumer electronics leaders worldwide utilize Kionix's products, development tools and application support to enable motion-based gaming; user-interface functionality in mobile handsets, personal navigation and TV remote controllers; and hard-disk-drive drop protection in mobile products. Kionix’s MEMS products are further diversified into the automotive, industrial and healthcare sectors. Kionix offers one of the industry’s broadest families of MEMS devices that incorporates tri-axis accelerometers and gyroscopes along with the mixed-signal-interface integrated circuits that provide algorithm processing of sensor data. Kionix is ISO9001:2000 and TS16949 registered. For more information on Kionix, visit: http://www.kionix.com. For additional information on ROHM, visit http://www.rohm.com.
Kionix is a registered trademark of Kionix, Inc. All other product and company names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.