NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Citi today announced the first Facebook application from a loyalty program that is both a rewarding and social experience: the Citi ThankYou® Point Sharing App. This new Facebook app makes it quick and easy for ThankYou® Rewards members who are Facebook friends to pool their points together, and use their points’ collective value towards a shared goal or reward. ThankYou members on Facebook can combine their points to make a charitable donation, or choose from millions of rewards on www.thankyou.com, from travel to electronics.
“As our ThankYou members imagine all the ways to use their points this year, this app extends the possibilities,” said Ralph Andretta, Head of Co Brands and Loyalty at Citi Cards. “With the new ability to pool points together through their social networks, ThankYou members can rally their friends towards a bigger reward – whether they are interested in combining points to book a weekend getaway or supporting a common cause.”
Citi Gives Away 10 Million Points In Celebration of ThankYou Point Sharing App
To celebrate the ThankYou Point Sharing App launch, Citi is giving 10 million ThankYou points to qualifying ThankYou members on Facebook. The first 4,000 ThankYou members to link the ThankYou Point Sharing App to their personal Facebook page before 11:59 p.m. ET on February 3, 2012 will receive 2,500 ThankYou points courtesy of Citi. They can use the 2,500 points towards a number of individual rewards, such as digital books and music downloads.
To participate, individuals must be a Citi ThankYou Rewards member and link the ThankYou Point Sharing App to their personal Facebook page. ThankYou members who are awarded 2,500 points will see them in their ThankYou account within 72 hours after it has been linked to the Facebook app.
Citi ThankYou Point Sharing App
Here’s how the Citi ThankYou Point Sharing App works:
- Visit the Citibank Facebook page (www.facebook.com/citibank/) and view the ThankYou Point Sharing tab to link the app to your ThankYou account. ThankYou members will be prompted to enter their username and password to log in to their accounts.
- Start a pool of points for an individual, group or cause and set a goal. For example, the goal could be for a large group donation to a charitable organization, or points required for a specific reward from the ThankYou catalog. The app also enables members to highlight a desired item on their ThankYou Wishlist when setting a goal for the pool.
- Members can select a specific amount of ThankYou points they would like to contribute to the pool.
- They can invite any number of Facebook friends who are ThankYou members to join the pool. All participants in a point pool must have the Facebook app linked to their ThankYou account.
- They also have the option to share a Facebook wall post after creating a point pool to encourage friends and family to join and contribute.
- Members can track progress towards the goal for their points pool on the app, which displays a percentage of each goal reached.
“Citi is constantly listening to our clients as part of our commitment to deliver rewarding experiences that fit into their increasingly digital world. This new app is a first in the marketplace and a fun, flexible way to share ThankYou points – as well as rewarding experiences – with friends and family,” said Andretta.
In order to participate in a point pool by sharing or contributing points, or to receive ThankYou points, you must be a registered ThankYou member. Any person with a Citi credit card with ThankYou Rewards or a Citibank checking account that has been enrolled in ThankYou Rewards can easily register by visiting www.thankyou.com. For information on how to become a ThankYou member please visit How it Works at www.thankyou.com.
About Citi Thank You
Citi ThankYou Rewards provides Citi clients with multiple ways to earn points quickly and flexibility to choose from more than a million rewards. Last year, Citi introduced several features to enhance the ThankYou experience including: an expanded Bonus Center, a Travel Center featuring no blackout dates, and the ability to transfer points to friends and family who are ThankYou members free of charge. Citi also recently introduced the ThankYou Rewards App, which lets members browse and redeem rewards on their mobile phone and pick up Best Buy merchandise at any U.S. Best Buy store location on the same day. In addition to the ThankYou rewards catalog, members can also work with a Wish Specialist(SM) to custom build rewards based on their needs and interests – ranging from home entertainment systems to kayak lessons.
For more information, please visit www.thankyou.com.
Citi, the leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
- Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/citibank/
- Citi ThankYou Rewards: thankyou.com/
- Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/citibank/
Citi, Citi with Arc Design, ThankYou, Citi ThankYou and Citi ThankYou Rewards Design are registered service marks, and Wish Specialist is a service mark, of Citigroup Inc.