PASADENA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Fiesta Parade Floats, the leading award winning float-builder for the Tournament of Roses Parade, has added to its already impressive float building track record as eight of its client’s float entries were named award-winners by a panel of Rose Parade judges at the 123rd Tournament of Roses Parade, held earlier today in Pasadena, California.
Among the Fiesta-built floats receiving awards today were the Dole Foods float entry, “Preserving Paradise” which was awarded the 2012 Sweepstakes Trophy, the Parade’s top prize, given to the parade’s most beautiful float entry. The 2012 award marks the 19th straight year that Fiesta Parade Floats has built the Parade’s Sweepstakes Trophy winning float entry.
In addition to the 2012 Sweepstakes Trophy, seven other Fiesta-built floats received awards, including:
- Kaiser Permanente: “Every Body Walk” – Lathrop K. Leishman Trophy for the most beautiful non-commercial float
- Discover Card: “The Dream Believers” – Grand Marshal’s Trophy for excellence in creative concept and design
- Ministry of Tourism & Creative Economy, Republic of Indonesia: “Wonderful Indonesia” – President’s Trophy for most effective floral use and presentation
- AIDS Healthcare Foundation: “Our Champion” – Queen’s Trophy for best use of roses
- City of Torrance: “Looking Back – Moving Forward” – Governor’s Trophy for best depiction of California life
- Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles: “100 Years of Girl Scouts – What Will You Do Today?” – Past Presidents’ Trophy for most creative design and use of both floral and non-floral materials
- Dick Van Patten’s Natural Balance Pet Foods: “Surf’s Up!” – Extraordinaire Trophy for most spectacular float
“This year’s combination of unique, creative float sponsors combined with Fiesta Parade Floats’ ability to continually push the bounds of float design, engineering and floral presentation resulted in a spectacular line-up of float entries that were recognized by parade judges and captured the attention of millions of viewers as they made their way down Colorado Blvd. earlier today,” said Tim Estes, president of Fiesta Parade Floats. “It’s a long process that began back in January of 2011 and we are very excited to have the opportunity to be able to once again celebrate the New Year in award winning fashion.”
Working hand-in-hand with vice president and floral director, Jim Hynd and world renowned float designer, Raul Rodriguez, Fiesta Parade Floats’ 2012 line up of Rose Parade floats raised the bar for float design, construction and floral presentation and included a little bit of everything from children’s dreams to high-flying Girl Scouts and surfing dogs to movie magic, timeless fun, environmental action, the Royal Court and more, Fiesta’s 2012 line-up of float entries features a little bit of everything.
In addition to the award recipients, Fiesta Parade Floats delighted parade goers with its entries for Paramount Pictures celebrating 100 years, Macy’s, and Kit-Cat Clocks, celebrating its 80th anniversary.
About Fiesta Parade Floats
Based in Irwindale, CA, Fiesta boasts an impressive track record with the highest award win rate in the Rose Parade industry and, together with its clients, has won the parade’s highest honor, the Sweepstakes Trophy, eighteen consecutive times. Fiesta Parade Floats is considered a leader in both floral technology and floral application within both, the float and floral industries. Fiesta also builds custom props for television commercials, feature films, exhibits and theme parks. Major exhibits include: Sunset Magazine Spring Garden Show, Crystal Court South Coast Plaza, American Institute of Floral Design National Symposium, Feature Exhibits and the Flower/Garden Pavilion at the Los Angeles County Fair, Bellagio and Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, Innoventions, Disneyland’s popular attraction in Tomorrowland and Venus Fort Shopping Mall in Tokyo, Japan. For more information, visit, http://www.fiestaparadefloats.com.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50118717&lang=en