FREMONT, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--GreenVolts, Inc., today unveiled the industry’s first complete and fully integrated solar system, including modules, trackers, inverters, and energy management software. Through control of the entire system design, GreenVolts has dramatically improved performance, simplified project engineering and installation, and reduced costs in all stages of the project lifecycle.
“Our complete system approach changes the entire solar experience,” said David Gudmundson, president and CEO, GreenVolts. “With GreenVolts, customers get simplicity, elegance, and precision in a utility-scale solar system that delivers higher performance and richer energy management than anything else in the world.”
Traditional photovoltaic (PV) systems are composed of parts sourced from different suppliers, including solar panels, inverters, trackers, and monitoring. Because these parts are not designed to work specifically with one another, the overall system performance suffers. In contrast, GreenVolts provides a complete and fully integrated solar system, with installations producing thirty to forty percent more energy than traditional PV.
“There is nothing like this in the industry today. By providing a complete system with a fully integrated design, GreenVolts is raising the bar,” said Jonathan W. Postal, SVP Business Development, Main Street Power. “We have had success with GreenVolts on our recent project in Yuma, Arizona, and are excited to work with them again on future projects.”
Additionally, the GreenVolts solution includes ISIS™, the most advanced energy management software in the industry. Because ISIS was designed with, and fully integrated into, the complete GreenVolts solar system, it offers deeper access and more sophisticated capabilities than are available in third-party software products. ISIS includes: real-time monitoring of site conditions and energy production; extensive fault isolation and diagnostics at the site, system or component level; inventory and asset management; operation and maintenance logs; hundreds of alerts and alarms; extensive and programmable reporting capability; and remote access and control of the entire system. ISIS is Internet-based, secure, fast, and easy to access from a PC or mobile device.
The GreenVolts system is installed at numerous customer locations across the Southwest U.S. in Pacific Gas & Electric Co., Southern California Edison, Tucson Electric, Imperial Irrigation District, and Arizona Power Service territories. Existing projects include agricultural, utility, municipal, commercial and industrial applications.
“Having built numerous solar projects from various solar vendors, we appreciate the fast and efficient installation of the GreenVolts system, which minimizes the possibility of mistakes, thus providing better cost estimates and on-time schedules,” said Brian Bothman, vice president, Robert A. Bothman Construction, Inc. “Their approach simplifies everything, from logistics and site engineering, training and installation, to final commissioning.”
Key features of the GreenVolts system include:
- Increased efficiency: Advanced CPV modules are 2-3 times more efficient than those of traditional PV or thin film modules
- Greater energy yield: High-precision, two-axis, intelligent tracking system accurately follows the sun, allowing solar modules to operate at peak efficiency throughout the day and resulting in greater energy yield than single-axis or fixed-tilt PV
- Integrated inverters and motion control: Bi-polar, transformerless inverters, working with the tracker motion control, continually seek the maximum power output for the system
- Intelligent Solar Information System (ISIS): This sophisticated energy management software provides monitoring, diagnostics, reporting, and system control
- Increased durability, decreased maintenance: Weather and solar monitoring stations at each site ensure that the system is stowed in a face-down position during harsh conditions, as well as at night to reduce soiling, dust, and condensation
- Sophisticated solar information network: All subsystems and components are interconnected for communications, including GPS and Wi-Fi for intrasite status, and Internet communication via secure VPN
- Comprehensive customer care: GreenVolts provides a single point of support over the life of the project, from sales, to planning and design, to installation, to operation and maintenance
GreenVolts, Inc., founded in 2005, provides the only complete and fully integrated solar system, including modules, trackers, inverters, ISIS energy management software, networking, AC and DC disconnects, and all DC wiring. With expertise across the entire system, GreenVolts provides support from early planning and continuing over the life of the project. As a result, customers experience unmatched performance, faster installation, easier operation, a new level of customer care, and the lowest cost of energy in the industry.
For more information, visit greenvolts.com.