SUNNYVALE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Streamzoo today announced v2.0 of its mobile photo and video sharing app, which enhances current features and offers unique social gaming components. A recent study by InfoTrends projects the number of camera phone photos shared online will nearly double from just over 11 billion images in 2010 to nearly 22 billion in 2015.
Available on Android, iPhone and through the Web, Streamzoo offers its users a different experience by:
- Categorizing photos by #hashtag streams, which connect users who have similar interest in the same types of photos; similar to how Twitter connects users who have interest in the same types of conversations via hashtags
- Encouraging social gaming competition through a Top 50 Leaderboard, user points and 27 different badges users can attain
- Providing a seamless interface on all platforms
The gaming components focus around the subject of the picture, how users tag their photos and what the Streamzoo community likes or dislikes. Users can earn “points” on their photos by the number of comments and number of likes, which is added into their overall score on the Leaderboard.
Badges cover a variety of topics, including the type of user (e.g. Newbie) and category of photos he/she uploads (e.g. Dog Lover). Many badges have a back story, such as the “Cat Lover” badge. We’ve all heard that cats supposedly have 9 lives, so Streamzoo wants the user to prove it with 9 likes on 10 photos or videos with a #cat or #cats hashtag.
Other badge examples include:
Hey Lover - Upload 8 photos or videos to #love and get
143 cumulative likes.
The infinity symbol is an 8 sideways, and 143 is text code for I love you. To get this badge of everlasting love, a user will need to upload 8 photos or videos and get 143 cumulative likes.
Videographer – Upload 7 videos to #love and get 20 likes
‘Videographer’ badge. To earn this badge, videographers will need to tap into their love of HD video resolution of 720p. To earn this badge, the user will need to upload seven videos and get 20 likes each.
“We decided to make social gaming a key component of our latest Streamzoo release because of how competitive our users can get,” said Ram Ramkumar, CEO of Streamzoo. “Users will call us or ping us online if the Leaderboard has not been updated and feel very passionate about their position in the Top 50. Badges will serve not only as recognition for using the product, but as a fun way to showcase their prowess taking certain types of pictures.”
In addition to social gaming, the v2.0 release also includes other features and improvements, such as:
- Improved UI for iPhone users (screenshots available upon request)
- Ability to share photos on Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr
- Photo filters and different photo borders that can easily be applied with a click of a button
- Advanced photo settings where users can alter the hue, saturation, rotation and brightness
- Tilt shift of photo taken
- Gaming components including points earned for uploads and point for comments/likes
- Ability to upload pictures by desktop application once the user has 10 followers
- Ability to search photo streams by #hashtag and category topic (E.g. #cats), instead of only by location, an approach other apps in this space have adopted and struggled with in the past
To download the Streamzoo app, visit www.streamzoo.com, the Android Market or iTunes Store.
Streamzoo is a service brought to you by Phonezoo Communications, Inc. Phonezoo is a Silicon Valley based company focused on creating world class mobile products and applications. Streamzoo helps you share, organize, and discover #streams of mobile photos and videos. Connect with people all over the world, discover interesting content, and organize your mobile photos and videos into #streams. Users can also add special filters, borders, and tilt shift effects for quick photo enhancements.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50087159&lang=en