ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Pantech Wireless, Inc., – the U.S.-based subsidiary of Pantech Group, one of Korea's largest mobile phone manufacturers – announced today that Link II is available to AT&T customers. One of the thinnest handsets on the carrier’s successful roster of Quick Messaging Phones, Link II picks up where the previous version left off. Link II combines a contemporary form factor and large keyboard with an upgraded BREW Mobile Platform to deliver a smooth user experience. The phone is available now for $9.99.
Building on the messaging capabilities that made the original model so popular, Link II gives customers the look and feel of an advanced device, while including only the options that are used most. Link II’s raised keyboard allows for quick typing, while the intuitive menu provides immediate access to social media sites, multimedia tools and a web browser. Link II’s slim-and-trim form factor is designed to disappear easily into a pocket or purse, yet impress friends when it’s out. The phone’s black and blue casing shows off its sleek shape and professional design
“As messaging continues to skyrocket, Link II will be the clear choice for value-conscious consumers who want a stylish phone with a comfortable keyboard,” said Wyatt Whaley, Pantech’s vice president of product planning. “The original Link became incredibly popular for its ability to handle messaging, web browsing, picture and video sharing with ease. Our customers are getting all of the features they use most without the complication or fuss.”
Link II’s key features include:
- Super Slim Form – Measuring 10.7 mm, Link II slips neatly into a pocket or purse.
- A Faster, Smoother Phone – Running BREW Mobile 1.0.2, Link II’s user interface is quicker, slicker and better able to manage all the apps you love with a wider choice of applications and more personal customization.
- Immediate Messaging – A full keyboard allows users to easily send a range of messages – texts, email, social media messages, picture mail, video messages and IMs.
- Social Media and Web – Update any social media page with pics and videos, while browsing the web without restrictions.
- Preloaded Apps – Link II includes AT&T Family Map, AT&T Social Net, AT&T Navigator, AT&T Code Scanner and YPmobile pre-installed.
- Durability – A rubberized backing provides a comfortable and sturdy grip for avid message senders.
- USB 2.0 HS Charger – With an upgraded option to recharge, users can conveniently plug this charger into a laptop or computer while away from home.
Link II is available for $9.99 after a mail-in rebate and a two-year contract at AT&T stores and online at www.wireless.att.com. For more information about Pantech and its products, please visit www.pantechusa.com, or follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/pantechUSA or Facebook www.facebook.pantechusa.com.
About Pantech Wireless, Inc.
Pantech Wireless, Inc., an Atlanta, GA based subsidiary of Pantech Co., Ltd., researches, markets and develops wireless handsets and telecommunications products throughout North America as part of the Pantech Group. For additional information, visit the PWI website at www.pantechusa.com.
Pantech Group, through its affiliates – Pantech Co., Ltd., and Pantech C&I Co. – is one of Korea’s top three mobile handset makers. Pantech has received wide-ranging industry recognition for its innovative handset designs, and has also introduced a significant number of breakthrough technologies in the mobile phone industry. Established in 1991, Pantech collectively has approximately 2,500 employees and 8 regional sales offices worldwide. For more information on Pantech, please visit www.pantech.com.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50019680&lang=en