LONG BEACH, Calif.--(DDJ-ERGO, giving any music enthusiast the ability to make their own unique music mixes. Bundled with the Virtual DJ Limited Edition software by Atomix Productions, the DDJ-ERGO controller enables consumers to be creative with their music collection as soon as they take the unit out of the box. The new controller also incorporates MIDI functionality, making it possible to be used with other MIDI compatible DJ software.¹)--Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. Professional Sound and Visual Division today unveiled its ultra-compact controller, the
“The DDJ-ERGO is the ideal gear for consumers who want to explore the experience of being a DJ”
The stylish controller is designed using contoured edges with black, white and gradient colors and a large 115 mm platter for increased operability. The system also features “Pulse Control” that illuminates various areas of the controller to assist in the mixing process.
“The DDJ-ERGO is the ideal gear for consumers who want to explore the experience of being a DJ,” said David Arevalo, senior marketing manager, Professional Sound and Visual Division for Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “It’s compact and lightweight and can be transported virtually anywhere. Plug it in with a music-filled laptop and off you go, playing your music and mixing like a pro. It’s easy and extremely fun to use, ideal for all skill levels from the absolute beginner to the more experienced home DJ.”
Creative Features of DDJ-ERGO
Pulse Control – The integrated Pulse Control of the DDJ-ERGO
provides users with visual prompts via various types of illuminations
on its buttons and platters. The controller utilizes a new “Pure
Platter” jog wheel that helps guide the user during performance with
the movement of lights in accordance with the pitch, beat, and effects
of the music as well as when a song is being loaded.
- Mix Pulse – The mix pulse mode shows the difference in pitch of songs currently playing through the light of the jog wheel. As the pitch of songs begin to match, the intensity of the light increases. In conjunction with the music, the pulse of lights increases beat matching skills.
- Beat Pulse – The embedded LEDs in the channel faders illuminate along with the beat of the current song playing. The illumination intensifies and weakens based on the output sound level.
- Launch Pulse – Triggers a red light to illuminate on the jog wheel to signify a press of the track load button.
- FX Pulse – The effect being applied to the currently playing song will be represented not only audibly but also via the light movements on the Jog wheel.
- Laptop Dock Design – Like Pioneer’s other DDJ controllers, the DDJ-ERGO is designed to accommodate the placement of a laptop computer below the unit to help save room and bring the screen closer to the user. The controller also features removable legs, enabling it be used in angled or horizontal positions.
- DJ Software – The DDJ-ERGO includes a copy of the “Virtual DJ Limited Edition” software by Atomix Productions that offers a broad range of functions for mixing songs, such as making loops, adding effects and creating samples, as well as the ability to mix up to 4-channels and even perform video playback.
- MIDI Compatibility – The DDJ-ERGO is compatible with Musical Instrument Digital Interface (MIDI), allowing up to four-deck control and use of the controller’s dedicated sampler button. The unit is also compatible with various MIDI compatible DJ software such as Native Instruments’ TRAKTOR (not included).
- USB Power – The DDJ-ERGO utilizes power from USB connections found on most computers, eliminating the need for an external power supply.
- High Quality Audio – The unit employs the same audio technology used in Pioneer’s professional DJ mixers for clear, powerful audio output.
- Employs a P-LOCK Fader Cap locking mechanism to prevent the channel fader knobs and crossfader knob from slipping.
- Built-in audio interface for high quality sound input and output.
The DDJ-ERGO will be available in November 2011 with a suggested retail price of $699.
|Bundled software||Virtual DJ Limited Edition|
|Input terminals||MIC x1 (1/4 inch PHONE)|
|AUX x1 (RCA)|
|Output terminals||MASTER OUT x 2 (1/4 inch PHONE x１, RCA x1)|
|HEADPHONE MONITOR OUT x 2 (front 1/4 inch PHONE, MiniPin)|
|Other terminals||USB B terminal x1|
|Frequency range||20 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Total harmonic distortion||0.006% or less|
|S/N ratio||101 dB|
|External dimensions||21.85 in. (W) x 11.02 in. (D) x 4.05 in. (H)|
|(when removing the feet : 21.85 in. (W) x 11.02 in. (D) x 2.44 in. (H) )|
|【Virtual DJ Limited Edition system requirement】|
|Compatible OS||Windows XP(SP3)/Vista/7|
|（Windows）||Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon™ XP or newer|
|512MB RAM or more|
|Compatible OS||Mac OS X v10.5/10.6/10.7|
|（Mac）||Intel® processor platform|
|1GB RAM or more|
|Required disk space||50MB or more|
|Display resolution||1024 x 768 or more|
Additional requirements for video mixing
|ATI™ or NVIDIA video chipset|
|Dedicated 256MB DDR3 Video RAM|
¹Planned to be compatible with a variety of other software including Native Instruments “TRAKTOR.”
Windows, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Intel is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Mac OS is a trademark of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
The other names of companies, products, and technologies mentioned herein are the registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective owners.
TRAKTOR is a trademark of Native Instruments GmbH.
Virtual DJ is a trademark of Atomix Productions Inc.
Pioneer offers a complete line of professional DJ equipment through its Professional Sound & Visual Division. Its DJM series of mixers has become an industry standard at clubs, studios, mobile rigs and homes around the world, known for its high quality sound and reliability. For more information, visit www.pioneerdjusa.com.
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. web address is www.pioneerelectronics.com. Its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, established in Tokyo in 1938, is a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video and computer equipment for the home, car and business markets.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50011621&lang=en