AMHERST, Ohio--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nordson Corporation (NASDAQ:NDSN), a recognized leader in powder and liquid coating application technology, will introduce its latest manual powder spray gun – the Encore LT – at this year’s NAI coatings show. It will also introduce the new Encore Modular Control System for Automatic Guns. Held at the Duke Energy Convention Center in Cincinnati, Ohio, from October 4 through October 6, Nordson will also showcase a complete line of powder and liquid coating technology at its booth, #525.
The latest in the Encore powder application equipment family, the Encore LT manual spray gun will be featured in both active and static displays. Combined with an ultra-compact Econo-Coat® batch spray booth, the perfect complement for limited production or laboratory testing purposes, attendees will be able to spray the new, exceptionally lightweight and well-balanced Encore LT gun. In addition, they will be able to experience the new, easy to use Encore LT all-digital controller with its large blue LED displays.
“Designed with everyday coating in mind, the Encore LT gun has excellent features at an affordable price,” says Bob Allsop, marketing manager, Nordson powder coating systems. “It is an extremely robust gun that can handle the rigors of everyday use, while its lightweight, well-balanced design and ease of use make it a big hit with operators. We are also offering a 5-year warranty on parts and a 2-year warranty on the cable. That’s the best in the industry.”
Additional Powder Coating Application Technologies on Display
Nordson will complement its Encore LT gun introduction with a variety of other powder coating technologies at the NAI show. Nordson is the industry leader in powder coating systems that help manufacturers worldwide to improve efficiency, flexibility and productivity Displays at NAI meeting these goals include:
- Encore XT Manual Spray Gun – Gun retains its on-gun controls with bright display, and features an improved handle and trigger design for greater durability and ease of service. Controller retains its unsurpassed functionality and flexibility, incorporating: digital closed-loop flow control for repeatable, precision powder application; dual operating modes for both electrostatic and pneumatic control; patented Select Charge® selectable coating modes; 20 program presets for saving sets of parameters to ensure consistent results with a broad range of part sizes and types; and extensive diagnostic capability.
- Encore Modular Control System – For use with Encore automatic guns, this all-digital, easy-to-operate, energy efficient and modular control system provides precision pneumatic and electrostatic operating parameters for repeatable and reliable performance of automatic powder coating operations. The modular cabinet style design accommodates up to eight automatic gun controllers and an optional axis controller for easy operation of both reciprocators and in/out positioners.
- ColorMax® Cube Fast-Color-Change Powder Spray Booth – Complete fast-color-change booth with feed center, cyclones, new Nordson oscillator and in/out positioner, Encore and Prodigy® automatic guns and iControl® gun and system controller. A specially designed for the NAI Show, partial canopy will allow more attendees a more in-depth view of the inside of the ColorMax spray booth.
- Prodigy® High Density Powder, Low Velocity Air (HDLV®) Color-On-Demand (COD) System – Featuring an active display with a FANUC Paint Mate robot, the Prodigy robot gun, pump, COD system and controller demonstrate a smart, integrated solution for precision dispensing and sophisticated, ultra-fast color-change control. Featuring a softer spray and higher powder output, the Prodigy system improves application speed, repeatability and productivity, and is easy to use.
- Prodigy Manual HDLV System -- A manual version of the Prodigy gun also features HDLV technology for softer spray, increased powder output and higher transfer efficiency. It can also be combined with the color-on-demand system for less than 20-second color change.
Liquid Dispensing Systems at Nordson’s Booth
Nordson is a pioneer in providing precision dispensing equipment to apply liquid paints and coatings to a wide range of parts. The company will display its line of electrostatic and non-electrostatic spray systems at NAI, including:
- Trilogy™ Electrostatic Spray System – Offering the highest kV in the industry – 93 kV -- Trilogy electrostatic spray systems increase transfer efficiency, reduce material costs and improve part finish. Featuring an active display, the Trilogy system is versatile and easy-to-use, changing from airspray to high-volume, low-pressure (HVLP) with just the switch of a nozzle and aircap. It is the only gun with automatic current limiting, providing better control of gun charging and part coverage.
- RA-20 Rotary Atomizer -- With no minimum sparking distance, RA-20 rotary atomizers can be positioned close to parts for optimal coverage and minimal overspray. The fine atomization and soft spray apply thin, controllable film builds with minimal paint bounceback.
- Iso-Flo® HD Voltage Block System – Patented Iso-Flo HD voltage blocks enhance reliability and performance for the application of electrostatically charged waterborne coatings. The Iso-Flo can be used with both manual and automatic spraying equipment.
“We are very excited to be showcasing our latest technologies at NAI,” says Brad Syrowski, marketing manager, Nordson liquid systems. “As we continue to expand our product line and develop innovative ways to apply coatings, we look forward helping manufacturers improve their operations and profitability.”
For more information on Nordson powder application technology, contact Bob Allsop at 440-985-4459, firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.nordson.com/powder; for information on liquid finishing systems, call Brad Syrowski at 440-985-4998, email@example.com, or go to www.nordson.com/liquid.
Nordson Corporation (Nasdaq: NDSN) is one of the world's leading producers of precision dispensing equipment that applies adhesives, sealants, liquid and powder coatings and other materials to a broad range of consumer and industrial products during manufacturing operations. The company also manufactures equipment used in the testing and inspection of electronic components as well as technology-based systems for UV curing and surface treatment processes. Headquartered in Westlake, Ohio, Nordson has direct operations and sales support offices in more than 30 countries. Visit Nordson on the web at www.nordson.com/, www.twitter.com/Nordson_Corp or www.facebook.com/Nordson.
Encore, ColorMax, Prodigy, HDLV and Iso-Flo are registered trademarks
of the Nordson Corporation.
Trilogy is a trademark of the Nordson Corporation.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6854085&lang=en