RIDGELAND, Miss.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Cellular South, the largest privately owned wireless communications provider in the U.S., introduced the Motorola Milestone Plus today, its first Android-powered touchscreen world phone optimized for both business use and personal needs.
The Motorola Milestone Plus is a productivity powerhouse with a superfast processor and physical QWERTY keyboard for more efficient typing and texting. Delivering the speed, convenience, security and productivity tools that businesses and consumers want and need, the device meets critical corporate connectivity and security requirements, ensuring sensitive business information remains confidential.
Powered by the Android 2.2 operating system, the device also features full push corporate e-mail with corporate level security, unified calendar synching with additional work features, pre-loaded Quickoffice Mobile Suite for accessing and editing Microsoft Office documents on-the-go, a powerful 1 GHz processor, 4 GB of memory expandable to 32 GB and a full front-facing QWERTY keyboard.
“The Milestone Plus has the ideal combination of productivity tools and security features that businesses require plus the flexibility and customization options that consumers look for when purchasing mobile devices for their personal use,” said Sherry Stegall, senior vice president for sales and customer operations at Cellular South. “We’re very excited to add this device to our growing suite of Android smart phones and tablets as we continue to build on our promise to deliver the wireless industry’s best Android experience.”
Stegall said the Milestone Plus is the first Android-based smartphone with data encryption and the ability to completely wipe the device and SD card if it is lost or stolen. “Remote password management also allows users to change and check passwords on the road with corporate-level security,” she said. “The Milestone Plus is an advanced, business-ready solution that provides users with the full smartphone experience and sets a new standard for enterprise.”
Key features and specifications:
- Support for both Exchange email and Gmail™ for business
- Corporate directory look up, unified calendar for enterprise and sync with Google Calendar™
- PC-like browsing with Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 on a full, multi-touch, 3.1-inch brilliant display built on Android 2.2
- View, edit and share documents, including Microsoft Excel® spreadsheets, PowerPoint® presentations and Word® documents
- Built-in security features, including AuthenTec IPSec multi-headed VPN integration, remote wipe of device and SD card, and complex password support, through device and SD card encryption.
- Live widgets that stream e-mail messages to the home screen; customers can filter the widgets to separate work and home e-mail
- 5-megapixel camera with auto focus and dual LED flash as well as DVD-quality video
- 3G diversity antennae for enhanced data speeds and range
- Wi-Fi enabled DLNA connectivity to stream, store and share content with multiple DLNA-enabled devices around your home or office
- Android Market™ with access to more than 200,000 applications
The Motorola Milestone Plus is available starting today for $199.99 with a new two-year service agreement and data plan or eligible upgrade and after a $50 mail-in reward card, in all Cellular South retail stores, online at www.cellularsouth.com and Telesales at 1-877-9CSOUTH (927-6884.)
MOTOROLA, the Stylized M Logo and MOTOBLUR are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. Used under license. The Bluetooth trademarks are owned by their proprietor and used under license. All other product and service names are the property of their respective owners. © 2010 Motorola Mobility, Inc. All rights reserved. Android, Gmail, Google Calendar, and Android Market are trademarks of Google Inc.
About Cellular South
Cellular South is a diversified mobile communications company passionately committed to helping customers get the most out of their wireless devices and services. The nation’s largest privately owned wireless communications provider accomplishes this goal by optimizing customers’ app experience through Discover Apps, providing the most reliable and advanced high-speed nationwide wireless voice and data network, offering industry-leading family and unlimited flat rate voice, text and mobile web plans, and through its online and in-store Discover Centers, which give customers easy, simple and convenient tools, tips, advice and information on how to get the most out of their mobile phone. For more information about Cellular South products and services, visit www.cellularsouth.com or www.facebook.com/cellularsouth and www.twitter.com/cellularsouth.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6813456&lang=en