SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--TwitchTV, the largest gaming video and chat community in the world, today announced the public availability of its Partner Program. TwitchTV Partners are an exclusive group of video game broadcasters across all major gaming platforms, that leverage the TwitchTV video broadcasting and payments platform to earn revenue on their video streams with a mixture of video pre-roll advertising, mid-roll commercial breaks, and channel subscriptions.
“The Partner Program provides a way for our broadcasters to turn their passion for gaming into a profession,” said Emmett Shear, co-founder and CTO of Justin.tv, and general manager of TwitchTV. “We are dedicated to connecting people around the games they love, and this is one more piece of that puzzle. For viewers, the Partner Program helps ensure a high volume of high-quality content from the world’s best players.”
The TwitchTV Partner Program launched in beta six months ago with a select few of the world’s most popular gaming broadcasters including DayTV, Team Spooky, iPlayWinner, Honcast, Fwiz and a host of other industry-leading video game broadcasters. Upon launch of the publicly available Partner Program, gaming broadcasters on TwitchTV generate more than 1 million unique followers, and 3.4 million follows overall. That equates to 3.2 million unique users per month, 4.5 hours of video viewed per viewer per month, and 45 million video views per month.
“The Partner Program and the entire TwitchTV team have been amazing,” said Eric Burkhart, founder and COO of DayTV. “They provide hands-down the best feature set for both broadcasters and viewers, the most lucrative revenue opportunities, and the highest-quality streaming available. And best of all, they’re gamers, so they know what’s important to the gaming community.”
TwitchTV Partner Program Features and Benefits
- Revenue sharing - Partners earn advertising revenue generated on their channels, to be paid out on a monthly basis. Twitch.tv handles the ad selling and serving.
- Automatic transcoding - Viewers will be able to switch between 240/360/480/720p/Best quality options on partner channels. This means partners can broadcast in high quality without leaving out fans with poor Internet connections.
- Early access to new features - TwitchTV is constantly building new features based on feedback from partners and the greater TwitchTV community. Partners get early insight into these features and are usually the first to try them out.
Partner Program Requirements
The TwitchTV Partner Program is open to all aspiring qualified broadcasters via an application process. Broadcasters that meet the below criteria, and who are interested in becoming part of the TwitchTV Partner Program, are encouraged to apply at http://twitch.tv/partner/signup.
To qualify as a TwitchTV Partner, you must
- Meet ALL of the following requirements:
1. Minimum concurrent viewers average: 500
2. AND Minimum channel views number: 300,000
3. AND Minimum followers: 1,000
- Or, meet ANY of the following requirements:
1. Minimum concurrent viewers average: 1,000
2. Minimum channel views number: 800,000
3. Minimum followers: 4,000
For newcomers to live-streaming
Aspiring TwitchTV partners who have not yet streamed live content are also encouraged to apply. They simply need to meet the following criteria with regard to pre-recorded video game content (using YouTube as an example):
- 25,000 subscribers
- Average 15,000 views per video
TwitchTV is the world’s largest video game entertainment and chat community. TwitchTV features the top gaming personalities, players, tournaments and commentary, in addition to the most active and interesting discussions around video games. TwitchTV provides publishers and advertisers a platform to create long term engagement and commitment from gamers. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.