CUPERTINO, Calif.--(Karmasphere™, a Big Data Intelligence company, today announced that Ventana Research, a benchmark research and advisory services firm, will publish the results of its groundbreaking survey on enterprise adoption of Hadoop to manage Big Data, and present key findings in a webinar this week.)--
Ventana polled IT managers, developers and data analysts in hundreds of companies of all sizes across multiple industries, to identify trends, challenges and best practices for coping with Big Data. As the first large-scale, in-depth research conducted in this area, the study serves as the premier statistically valid third-party benchmark for the Big Data industry. Cloudera and Pervasive Software join Karmasphere in co-sponsoring the report.
Among many interesting trends and statistics, Ventana discovered:
- More than one-half (54%) of organizations surveyed are using or considering Hadoop for large-scale data processing needs
- More than twice as many Hadoop users report being able to create new products and services and enjoy costs savings beyond those using other platforms; over 82% benefit from faster analyses and better utilization of computing resources
- 87% of Hadoop users are performing or planning new types of analyses with large scale data
- 94% of Hadoop users perform analytics on large volumes of data not possible before; 88% analyze data in greater detail; while 82% can now retain more of their data
- Organizations use Hadoop in particular to work with unstructured data such as logs and event data (63%)
- More than two-thirds of Hadoop users perform advanced analysis — data mining or algorithm development and testing
Ventana will present the final research results in a webinar on Thursday, June 28, 2011, at 10:00 AM PT.
For more information and webinar registration, visit http://www.ventanaresearch.com/HIMwebinar/
Big Data, Analytics, Hadoop, Ventana Research, Cloudera, Pervasive Software
About Ventana Research
Ventana Research is an authoritative and respected benchmark business technology research and advisory services firm. Ventana provides insight and expert guidance on mainstream and disruptive technologies through unique research-based offerings including benchmark research and technology assessments.
For more information, go to www.ventanaresearch.com
Karmasphere, a Big Data Intelligence company, unlocks the power of Apache Hadoop for developers and analysts in the enterprise. In a world where data is vital to businesses, companies come to Karmasphere to bring new services to market and accelerate revenues.
Karmasphere offers a Big Data Intelligence solution to explore unstructured data produced by web, mobile, sensor and social media together with traditional structured data.
For more information, visit http://www.karmasphere.com
Note: Karmasphere, Karmasphere Big Data Analytics Engine and Karmasphere Studio are trademarks of Karmasphere. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.