SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Havok™, a leading provider in middleware technology, congratulates the development teams of games using Havok technology that received awards at this year’s Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles. In the weeks since the convention, the industry’s leading media outlets have announced their awards for the best video games at the show. Most notable was the recent recognition of the Game Critics’ Awards for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim which won for “Best Console Game” and “Best Roleplaying Game” as well as GameTrailers’ “Best Graphics,” “Best 3D Graphics,” “Best Third Person Shooter” and “Best Multiplayer” winner Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception.
“Congratulations to everyone that received award recognition at E3 this year. The overwhelming representation of Havok-powered games speaks volumes about our technology,” says Brian Waddle, VP of Sales and Marketing. “We are pleased to see that Havok continues to be the provider of choice for developers worldwide.”
This year’s Havok-powered games have won more than 70 awards including:
- Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft Montreal) – more than five awards including “Best E3 Trailer” from GameSpot
- DUST 514 (CCP) – two awards including “Most Anticipated Project” from Massively
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda) – more than 30 awards including “Best Console Game” from the Game Critics’ Awards
- Saints Row: The Third (Volition/THQ) – four awards including “Best of E3” from Game Revolution
- Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Naughty Dog/Sony) – more than 10 awards including “Best Graphics” from GameTrailers
- Uncharted: Golden Abyss (SCEA Bend/Sony) – more than seven awards including “Best Handheld Game” from Game Informer
All company names, titles and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Havok™, an Intel® company, was founded in Dublin, Ireland in 1998, and is the premier provider of interactive software and services for digital media creators in the games, entertainment, and simulation industries.
Havok works in partnership with the world’s best known game developers, including Microsoft Games Studios®, Sony Computer Entertainment Inc., THQ®, Ubisoft®, Bethesda, Bungie, and Naughty Dog. Havok’s cross-platform, professionally supported technology is available for the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Android™ Gingerbread, iOS, Wii™, PlayStation® Vita, PC Games for Windows, Apple Mac OS and Linux.
Havok’s combination of superior technology and dedication to delivering industry leading support to its customers has led to the company’s technologies being used in over 300 of the world’s best known game titles, including L.A. Noire, Halo Reach, Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood, Epic Mickey, Fallout New Vegas, Uncharted 2, Demon’s Soul and Bioshock 2. A further 130 games are in development. Havok products have also been used to drive special effects in movies such as Clash of the Titans, Watchmen, Quantum of Solace, Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix, and The Matrix. Havok has offices in Dublin, San Francisco, Copenhagen, Calcutta, Munich, and Tokyo, and a dedicated division for military and simulation markets in Quebec.