LAKELAND, Fla.--()--Publix Super Markets will soon enter Knoxville, Tn. with its first location in the Northshore Town Center at Northshore Drive and Pellissippi Pkwy.
“We are proud to offer our unique shopping experience to customers in Knoxville”
“We are proud to offer our unique shopping experience to customers in Knoxville,” said Todd Jones, president of Publix Super Markets. “We are committed to providing premier customer service and look forward to supporting the Knoxville community as early as third quarter 2012.”
Publix, which was founded by George W. Jenkins in 1930 in Winter Haven, Florida, is known for its philosophy of offering great customer service. The Publix guarantee to never knowingly disappoint customers is widely recognized in the supermarket industry.
The 56,000 square-foot Publix will offer conventional items combined with an abundant selection of earth-friendly, all-natural and organic products. In addition to the traditional grocery items the store will feature signature products and services, such as:
- A Full-Service Deli Department will highlight Boar’s Head meats and cheeses and handcrafted sandwiches.
- The Bakery Department will offer a mouth-watering array of cakes, cookies and pies.
- A Full-Service Meat Department will allow customers to have their order cut any way they like and trimmed to perfection.
- A Full-Service Seafood Department will include farm-raised varieties of fresh fish, lobster and sushi.
- The Produce department will feature fresh, quality fruits, vegetables, roots and specialty items.
- Publix Pharmacy for the health and wellness needs of the entire family.
There are currently 30 stores in Tennessee, three of which are in the Chattanooga area and 27 in Middle Tennessee. Additional Knoxville area sites will be identified as they are confirmed.
Publix is privately owned and operated by its 148,000 employees, with 2010 sales of $25.1 billion. Currently Publix has 1,036 stores in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama and Tennessee. The company has been named one of FORTUNE’s “100 Best Companies to Work For in America” for 14 consecutive years. In addition, Publix’s dedication to superior quality and customer service is recognized as tops in the grocery business, most recently by an American Customer Satisfaction Index survey. For more information, visit the company’s website, www.publix.com.