SAN FRANCISCO--()--Today, Zaarly, a location-based, real-time commerce platform, officially launches to help people get what they want, when they want it from people around them.
“With Zaarly, you can now get what you want from your local community – goods, services or a way to earn extra cash. We are just as excited to announce Zaarly is up and running as we are to use it ourselves.”
“People need a simple way to get what they want from people around them,” said Bo Fishback, CEO and Founder of Zaarly. “With Zaarly, you can now get what you want from your local community – goods, services or a way to earn extra cash. We are just as excited to announce Zaarly is up and running as we are to use it ourselves.”
Zaarly puts buyers at the center of transactions by allowing them to make requests for the things they need from people in their own communities. When a buyer posts a request to Zaarly — whether for food delivery, the latest tech gadget or reservations at the hottest restaurant in town — people in their community who have what they are looking for can provide it. This two-way, community-powered process provides convenience and flexibility to buyers while allowing sellers to make money fulfilling requests from the people around them.
“Commerce between individuals happens all around us every single day,” said Fishback. “But until now, the opportunity to discover who in your community might already have what you are looking for was lost in a sea of noise. Now, whether you are buying groceries, need to find a caterer, want a ticket to a sold-out playoff game or are looking to borrow a flatbed truck for the day, you can use Zaarly to find out if someone close by has what you’re looking for.”
How Zaarly Works
- Post what you’re looking for, how much you’re willing to pay for it and how soon you need it on Zaarly
- Zaarly immediately shares your request in the local community through the Zaarly platform, and also allows you to get help from your friends and contacts to find what you’re looking for via social channels like Facebook and Twitter
- People or businesses nearby see what you want and connect to fulfill your request
- Zaarly allows buyers and sellers to anonymously message and talk on the phone to facilitate the logistics of a transaction, enabling an in-person or virtual meeting to complete the transaction
- You can use cash or Zaarly’s integrated credit card payment system to pay for the transaction, all within a safe and secure platform
- Zaarly is available on the iPhone, Android, and all Web-enabled mobile phones via your mobile Web browser, as well as through the Web and Facebook on your desktop computer. The integrated Zaarly platform allows buyers and sellers to connect while they are on-the-go or from the convenience of home or office
The founding team of Bo Fishback, Eric Koester and Ian Hunter, are each serial entrepreneurs with more than a dozen startups under their belts. The founders conceived of and built the prototype for Zaarly in February 2011 at Startup Weekend Los Angeles, a 54-hour event aimed at entrepreneurs and technologist. Less than 30 days after being founded, the Zaarly team had built its initial version of the application, secured financing and ran a successful “market experiment” at the South by Southwest Interactive (SXSWi) Conference in Austin, Texas, where Zaarly processed over $10,000 in transactions in less than 48 hours.
Find Zaarly Online:
Mobile Applications: Available at m.zaarly.com and in the Apple App Store
Zaarly is a location-based, real-time commerce platform that makes the buying and selling of goods, services and experiences easy, safe and secure. With Zaarly, people can post what they want, when they want it and what price they are willing to pay and someone in the Zaarly community can fulfill it. Zaarly is based in San Francisco, CA and is backed by investors including Ashton Kutcher, Felicis Ventures, Bill Lee, Naval Ravikant, Lightbank, SV Angel, Paul Buchheit and Thrive Capital. Visit www.zaarly.com for more information.