ATLANTA--(www.scriptlogic.com), a leading provider of systems lifecycle management solutions for Microsoft® Windows®-based networks, today unveiled Security Explorer® 8.0 at Microsoft TechEd North America 2011. Already selected as a finalist for the TechEd Best of Show awards, Security Explorer streamlines access control and IT security management across entire Windows networks, and among many enhancements, the new version adds new views and interface panes to easily access and execute the product’s most powerful functions.)--ScriptLogic® Corporation (
“Our customers tell us that Security Explorer offers extremely powerful functionality, and they ask us for easier ways to view critical information to more quickly capitalize on the product’s services”
Security Explorer 8.0 is part of the full line of ScriptLogic products that will be demonstrated in its booth (#503) at Microsoft TechEd, which is held May 16-19 in Atlanta. ScriptLogic’s products make lives easier for IT pros while contributing to strategic security and compliance initiatives. IT administrators deploy Security Explorer to back up, recover, manage, search, migrate, and report on permissions for Windows Server, Exchange Server, SharePoint® Server, and SQL Server®, all from within a common, simplified graphical user interface. Security Explorer is the only server management tool that provides administrators with a single view of permissions across multiple server platforms, important as companies look to expand and enhance their IT networks to meet business needs.
“Our customers tell us that Security Explorer offers extremely powerful functionality, and they ask us for easier ways to view critical information to more quickly capitalize on the product’s services,” said Andy Langsam, president of ScriptLogic. “With version 8.0, we are bringing common Security Explorer functions, as well as specific user and resource information, much closer to IT pros, allowing them to more quickly execute common tasks. Certain IT operations, such as resetting services passwords across a network, are now done in dramatically less time than before.”
Security Explorer enhancements benefit IT administrators by streamlining day-to-day tasks:
- New Tasks View: A simple wizard makes common Security Explorer permissions management-related functions available, presented as tasks. With a few simple clicks, IT admins can grant, remove or clone permissions, find unknown or disabled users, and generate reports. Frequent IT admin tasks are much easier to complete, saving time and hassle.
- Control Pane: A control pane has been added to the classic Security Explorer Browse View, which provides an instant view of permission information when browsing the network. IT admins can now quickly execute a wide variety of tasks in the context of a resource selected within the browse view. The enhancement brings powerful Security Explorer functionality closer to the IT admin and allows them to more easily run tasks.
- Pre-Defined Reporting: The new version adds numerous pre-defined formatted reports that allow users to report on permissions, users and group membership information and other security related details on file servers, SharePoint, SQL Server and Exchange. In most modules, IT admins can choose to create either an export-type report or a search-type report.
- Disabled Account Management: New functionality searches for, reports on and manages access granted to disabled accounts on file servers, SharePoint, SQL Server and Exchange. IT admins can now quickly remove security permissions for disabled accounts, a critical step to ensure overall security as these accounts present a potential path to crucial enterprise data.
- A variety of other features simplify functions for IT pros, including comparing permissions after a data migration, cloning of group membership settings to simplify creation of new accounts, managing multiple group membership settings at once, expanded PowerShell functionality and the ability to remove SharePoint permissions represented by accounts deleted from Active Directory.
Pricing and Availability
Security Explorer 8.0 is currently available and is priced on a per-user basis. A free 30-day evaluation of this product and all software solutions from ScriptLogic is available at http://www.scriptlogic.com.
ScriptLogic at TechEd: “Admin IT to Win IT”
In addition to product demonstrations in its booth (#503), ScriptLogic will be hosting a variety of activities at Microsoft TechEd. Daily drawings will give away Xbox® units, ViewSonic® Windows tablets and Visa® gift cards. Starting at the Partner Expo on Monday evening, booth visitors will receive this year’s ScriptLogic Microsoft TechEd t-shirt, which carries the booth theme “Admin IT to Win IT.”
ScriptLogic Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Quest Software (Nasdaq: QSFT), is a recognized leader in Microsoft Windows systems and security management. Empowering more than 30,000 customers worldwide with the ability to manage the desktop lifecycle, streamline Active Directory management, secure and protect Windows servers, and ease the burden for help desk administrators, ScriptLogic’s award-winning solutions can benefit small to enterprise-size organizations in any industry.
For more information on how you can capitalize on your existing IT investments for Desktop Management, Active Directory & Windows Server Management, Network Management and Help Desk Management, please contact us. ScriptLogic is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, with offices around the world. You can also reach ScriptLogic at (561) 886-2400 or on the Web at http://www.scriptlogic.com.
ScriptLogic, the ScriptLogic logo, and Security Explorer are trademarks or registered trademarks of ScriptLogic Corporation in the United States and certain other countries. Microsoft, SharePoint, SQL Server and Windows are registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.