SAN DIEGO--()--GreatCall, Inc., a leader in wireless services focused on helping its customers stay connected, safe and healthy, today announced the national availability of its 5Star Personal Security™ service on the company’s easy-to-use Jitterbug J® cell phone.
“We want GreatCall customers to feel safe no matter where they are or what they are doing. We want to help our customers in vulnerable situations and get them the assistance they need”
The 5Star Personal Security service is a “first of its kind” cell phone-based mobile, personal emergency response system (mPERS). With 5Star, GreatCall customers receive reliable, easy-to-use and real-time access to help in any situation 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. While at home or on the go, customers are immediately connected to a skilled response team of highly-trained, certified people who know where they are, can conference in family or friends, can dispatch 911 or get them any other assistance they may want to help them through uncertain or unsafe situations. The 5Star Response Agent will arrange for appropriate assistance and will stay on the line with customers until they are safe and secure.
“It’s smart to be prepared and proactive with your safety,” said David Inns, CEO of GreatCall. “We want GreatCall customers to feel safe no matter where they are or what they are doing. We want to help our customers in vulnerable situations and get them the assistance they need,” said Inns.
With 5Star Personal Security the caller simply presses (5) and (*) on their Jitterbug cell phone to immediately reach the response center. When the agent answers, he or she knows who the caller is, where they’re located using enhanced GPS technology, and instantly retrieves their Personal Profile that may include: emergency contacts, most-frequented locations, vehicle information, health conditions, and medications. The 5Star Response Agent will then assess the situation and provide the appropriate assistance. If it’s an emergency, the agent will conference in the local 911 Operator while also providing support such as notifying family members.
Traditional vehicle-based or home emergency response services, while effective on the road or in and around the user’s home, are often limited or expensive. 5Star Personal Security provides the freedom to live an active lifestyle and have help immediately available, from anywhere, at a very affordable price. Whether you find yourself alone at night in a dark parking lot, lost in an unfamiliar location, in need of the nearest gas station, or you’re experiencing a potential medical problem that might not warrant a call to 911, 5Star is there for you in any situation. 5Star is now available for $14.99 per month and $8.99 for each additional family member.
Key Features of GreatCall’s 5Star Personal Security Service:
- Simply dial the (5) and the (*) keys on the Jitterbug cell phone to be connected to a specially-trained response agent certified by the National Academies of Emergency Dispatch (NAED).
- GreatCall’s award winning LiveNurse app, which provides access to a live, registered nurse, 24/7, is included for FREE with 5Star and can be utilized during an incident to help determine the appropriate support of the customer.
- The 5Star service allows the response agents to track the caller’s location, using enhanced location GPS technology, and dispatch the appropriate assistance.
- The 5Star agent also has access to the customer’s Personal Profile, which includes information the customer has already provided such as the customer’s medications, emergency contacts, most-frequented locations and more, so they can personally assist with the customer’s concern or provide support to a 911 Operator if the customer has become unresponsive.
- Customers can easily set up and manage their Personal Profile online at MyGreatCall.com or by calling GreatCall’s friendly 24/7 customer service representatives to update on the customers behalf.
- GreatCall’s 5Star Personal Profile database is HIPAA compliant and secured by SAS70 Type II certified systems to ensure privacy of personal data.
- The 5Star service is not a substitute for 911.
To access company logo and high resolution images, please visit www.greatcall.com/assets
About GreatCall, Inc.
GreatCall differentiates itself as a company of “People You Can Count On” to deliver wireless services focused on helping to keep customers connected, safe and healthy. The company stands apart from other wireless services providers through its simplified, personalized and humanized approach, as well as its commitment to providing a high-quality customer service experience. The company has been widely praised for its ability to deliver the benefits of innovation and technology in a meaningful and easy-to-use format. GreatCall has received prominent national media accolades from the Wall Street Journal, BusinessWeek, The New York Times, Washington Post and major TV broadcast networks.
GreatCall’s services, apps and cell phone handsets are sold nationwide at leading retailers such as Best Buy, Sears, Sears Hometown Stores, Radio Shack Dealer Franchise, Fry’s Electronics and ShopKo, as well as direct to consumers at 1-800-918-8543 and online at GreatCall.com Service coverage includes the U.S. and Canada. GreatCall is located in San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit www.GreatCall.com