LOS ALTOS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Talend, a global open source software leader, today announced the industry’s first unified platform for data services, advancing its leadership in the converging data and application integration markets. Users of the new data services offering benefit from a unified platform with a common development, deployment and monitoring environment for both data management and application integration. The company introduced Talend ESB Standard Edition – an open source enterprise service bus – as a key component of the unified platform for data services. Talend also announced the latest version of its industry-leading Data Integration, Data Quality and Master Data Management (MDM) solutions, which now deliver an advanced set of data-oriented services when used in combination with Talend ESB.
Talend’s new data services offering is founded on the same unified platform that underlies Talend’s data management products and is now extended to support Talend’s new ESB. The unified platform provides a common environment for users to manage the entire lifecycle of a data service. It includes a graphical user interface for development, a deployment mechanism and runtime environment for operations, a monitoring console for management – all built on top of a shared metadata repository. By offering a common toolset for both data and application integration needs, the unified platform shortens the time to deployment for integration solutions by eliminating the need to learn multiple tools and environments.
“Organizations have been struggling for years to keep pace with an ever-increasing amount of systems that must be integrated, an issue being even more exacerbated by the need of synchronizing 'on premises' and 'in the cloud' resources,” explained Massimo Pezzini, VP and Gartner Fellow. “Enterprises adopting a holistic approach to application and data integration are best positioned to successfully respond to these challenges.”
With this announcement, Talend becomes the first to offer a unified platform for data services, making it easier to synchronize data between operational applications and across enterprise boundaries. Talend’s data services free data management processes that are traditionally bound to specific applications by abstracting them as standards-based services that can be reused by other applications. The reuse of data services across multiple applications maximizes the value of initial investments in standalone data integration solutions.
“The role and impact of integration has shifted due in large part to major trends such as cloud and managing massive data sets,” said Fabrice Bonan, co-founder and chief operating officer, Talend. “As a result, a more comprehensive and managed approach to integration is required and the tools that support enterprise integration need to be useable by more types of workers. This democratization of IT is rapidly progressing into the traditionally complex and isolated worlds of application and data integration. Through the Talend unified platform, customers will be able to benefit from a flexible and open architecture that will allow them to rapidly take advantage of more applications and data resources than ever before.”
Democratization of the ESB with Talend ESB Standard Edition
No longer restricted to large enterprise IT, Talend continues to democratize the integration market by making the ESB more affordable, accessible and easier to use with the addition of Talend ESB Standard Edition. A core component of the unified platform for data services, Talend ESB includes messaging, Web services, mediation and adapters in an open and standards-based offering used to integrate distributed systems across functional, enterprise and/or geographic boundaries. Powered by leading Apache open source integration projects Apache CXF, Apache Camel and Apache ActiveMQ, Talend ESB is a versatile and flexible ESB that allows organizations to address any integration challenge, from simple departmental projects to complex, heterogeneous IT environments. Talend ESB makes enterprise-class integration accessible to a broader market by delivering a cost-effective and easy-to-use way to easily integrate and expand systems and applications.
The release of Talend ESB Standard Edition includes the following capabilities:
- Service Locator – provides automatic and transparent failover and load balancing between service Consumers and Providers through a newly developed extension that allows for dynamic endpoint registration and lookup via Apache Zookeeper.
- Service Activity Monitoring – facilitates the capture of analysis of service activity, including service response times, traffic patterns, auditing and more, by capturing events and storing information.
- Security Token Service (STS) Framework – supports Security Assertion Markup Language 2.0 (SAML 2.0) to federate security credentials. This allows clients and services to securely and transparently authenticate during connections without the need for custom coding.
Latest Release of Talend’s Data Management Products
Talend has also introduced version 4.2 of its flagship Data Management products. New features include:
- New XML data mapping and transformation capabilities – with a dedicated XML mapper component and the full support of XML Documents at every step of data flows.
- Dedicated components to integrate Talend ESB – as the entry and exit points of all data flows.
- Direct generation of Talend Jobs inside Talend ESB – from within the OSGi container – for seamless and transparent deployment and management of the data services.
With these new features, Talend’s Data Integration, Data Quality and Master Data Management solutions, when used in combination with Talend ESB through the unified platform, provide the following advanced set of data-oriented services:
- Data integration services – access to any data, stored anywhere in the information system or beyond, through Talend’s unmatched palette of connectors and advanced data transformation capabilities.
- Data quality services – offer data cleansing, enrichment, validation and de-duplication capabilities to any application.
- Master data services – enable service-based access to a master data repository and provide the ability for any application to synchronize this master data via Talend ESB.
Talend ESB Standard Edition, Talend Open Studio, Talend Open Profiler and Talend MDM Community Edition are available immediately. Provided under open source licenses, they can be downloaded freely from Talend’s web site at http://www.talend.com/download.php. Commercial editions are also available through Talend’s sales and distribution channels.
About Talend (http://www.talend.com)
Talend is the recognized market leader in open source middleware solutions. More than 2,000 paying customers around the globe, including eBay, Virgin Mobile, Sony Online Entertainment, Deutsche Post and Allianz, subscribe to Talend’s solutions and services to minimize the costs and maximize the value of data integration, ETL, data quality, Master Data Management and application integration. With more than ten million downloads, Talend’s solutions are the most widely used and deployed data management solutions in the world. The company has major offices in North America, Europe and Asia, and a global network of technical and services partners. Within the last year, Talend has received a number of prestigious honors including: named a Network World open source company to watch, and a winner of the AlwaysOn Global 250, the Red Herring Top 100 Europe, The VAR Guy's Open Source 50 and InfoWorld’s Bossie Award. For more information, please visit http://www.talend.com.