SAN MATEO, Calif.--(Business Intelligence vendor, today announced that for the first quarter of 2011, BIRT licenses represented over half of Actuate license revenue. The company reported $6.1 million in BIRT-related license business, up over five-fold from a year ago, across 46 transactions. Notable additions to the BIRT customer base include: Bank of America Corporation, EWR AG, General Motors Corporation, Genex Services, Hewlett-Packard Company, HSBC Private Bank, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Northrup Grumman, Société Generale, Sony Computer Entertainment America, T-Systems ITC Iberia and University of Pennsylvania.)--Actuate Corporation (NASDAQ:BIRT), The people behind BIRT® and the leading open source
“BIRT-driven transactions have risen to new levels as leading organizations are choosing BIRT as an enterprise standard”
A detailed summary of BIRT momentum for Q1 is as follows:
- Q1 BIRT license business of $6.1 million, up 404% year-over-year
- Closed 46 BIRT license transactions in Q1, up 18% from a year ago
- Closed the first $1million+ single project BIRT deal during the quarter
- Q1 BIRT license business originating from Eclipse BIRT users up over 60% from a year ago
- BIRT represented over 50% of core new license business in Q1
- Launched X2BIRT, a first-to-market capability to leverage high-volume output and archived data sources for BI
- Around 60,000 total registrations on BIRT Exchange, up over 50% from Q1FY10
- Commercial downloads from BIRT Exchange remain strong with over 2,100 net new downloads in Q1
- BIRT Mobile ranked as a leading mobile BI solution according to the Dresner Advisory Services (DAS) ‘Mobile Business Intelligence Market Study’ report
- Added user configurable dashboards, in-memory analytics and support for additional data sources to BIRT onDemand, Actuate’s Software as a Service (SaaS) Solution for BI and Reporting
- Over 2,500 people worldwide have attended a BIRT Roadshow, a one day introduction to BIRT and Actuate.
“BIRT-driven transactions have risen to new levels as leading organizations are choosing BIRT as an enterprise standard,” said Pete Cittadini, CEO and President, Actuate Corporation. “We closed our first single project BIRT deal valued at over $1 million during the first quarter and I fully expect strong BIRT-driven license growth during 2011.”
To learn more about Actuate and BIRT visit: www.birt-exchange.com.
Actuate founded and co-leads the Eclipse BIRT open source project. ActuateOne is a unified suite of products for rapidly developing and deploying BIRT-based custom Business Intelligence applications and information applications. Applications built with ActuateOne provide one user experience regardless of task or skill level; are supported by one server for any deployment including cloud and are built with one BIRT design that can access and integrate any data source - including high volume print streams. ActuateOne adds rich data visualizations, including interactivity, dashboards, analytics, and deployment options to web and mobile BIRT applications, helping organizations drive revenue through higher customer satisfaction and improved operational performance.
Actuate has over 4,700 customers globally in a diverse range of business areas including financial services and the public sector. Founded in 1993, Actuate is headquartered in San Mateo, California, with offices worldwide. Actuate is listed on NASDAQ under the symbol BIRT. For more information, visit the company’s web site at www.actuate.com or visit the BIRT community at www.birt-exchange.com.
Copyright © 2011 Actuate Corporation. All rights reserved. Actuate and the Actuate logo are registered trademarks of Actuate Corporation and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and certain other countries. All other brands, names or trademarks mentioned may be trademarks of their respective owners.