MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.--(Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq:INTU) today announced that its iPad-optimized GoPayment app is now available on the App Store. GoPayment is a mobile payment app that lets anyone who sells a product or service get paid on the spot by easily and quickly processing credit cards.)--
“Our new iPad app can help just about anyone who needs an easy and affordable way to process credit cards while on the go”
This optimized version of the GoPayment app makes mobile payments easier with a new layout that takes full advantage of iPad's large, high-resolution display and Multi-Touch interface. It also includes new features such as the ability to add product photos, making it easier to find a product and complete a sale. GoPayment is also compatible with the free Intuit Credit Card Reader letting users save time by swiping credit cards instead of entering card data manually.
“Our new iPad app can help just about anyone who needs an easy and affordable way to process credit cards while on the go,” said Chris Hylen, vice president and general manager of Intuit’s Payment Solutions division. “We definitely see iPad as a natural complement to our existing point of sale retail store solutions as more people look to process payments wherever they are – in a store, at an event or even at home.”
In addition to the same features as the GoPayment app for iPhone, the GoPayment app for iPad lets users easily and quickly:
- View orders on a large screen – Clearly view, navigate and create sales orders using GoPayment’s layout, which is optimized for iPad’s large, high-resolution display.
- Find products with photos – Add photos of products or services so that it’s easier to find them and quickly make a sale. New search functionality also makes finding products easier.
- Create orders on one screen – Simply tap an item from the product list and watch as it’s instantly placed into the order summary, which is on the same screen. GoPayment automatically calculates the total of items as they’re added, showing customers how much they owe for each selection.
- Review past transactions in one spot –View the details of historical transactions all in one place with a new expandable screen.
The GoPayment app is available for free from the App Store on iPad or at www.itunes.com/appstore. GoPayment offers no monthly fees and includes a free credit card reader. More information is available at http://gopayment.com/.
About Intuit Payment Solutions
Intuit is one of the largest small business payments processors in the U.S. It processes annually more than $17 billion in transactions for approximately 300,000 small businesses. Over the last 10 years, Intuit has helped small businesses get paid and improve cash flow with a complete family of end-to-end electronic payment solutions. This includes services to process credit cards, e-checks and online payments via a variety of channels including mobile devices, web and retail stores and integrated solutions such as QuickBooks.
- GoPayment (http://gopayment.com/)
- GoPayment Blog (http://Blog.gopayment.com)
- GoPayment on Twitter (http://twitter.com/gopayment)
- GoPayment on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/IntuitGoPayment)
About Intuit Inc.
Intuit Inc. is a leading provider of business and financial management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses; financial institutions, including banks and credit unions; consumers and accounting professionals. Its flagship products and services, including QuickBooks®, Quicken® and TurboTax®, simplify small business management, payment and payroll processing, personal finance, and tax preparation and filing. ProSeries® and Lacerte® are Intuit's leading tax preparation offerings for professional accountants. Intuit Financial Services helps banks and credit unions grow by providing on-demand solutions and services that make it easier for consumers and businesses to manage their money.
Founded in 1983, Intuit had annual revenue of $3.5 billion in its fiscal year 2010. The company has approximately 7,700 employees with major offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, India and other locations. More information can be found at www.intuit.com.
Intuit, the Intuit logo, and QuickBooks, among others, are registered trademarks and/or registered service marks of Intuit Inc. in the United States and other countries.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6692548&lang=en