DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/c4b210/chronic_pain_thera) has announced the addition of GlobalData's new report "Chronic Pain Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017" to their offering.
The report is an essential source of information and analysis on the global Chronic Pain Therapeutics market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global Chronic Pain Therapeutics market. The report also provides insights on the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to significantly alter the market positioning of the current market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights on the pipeline products within the global Chronic Pain Therapeutics sector. This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalData's team of industry experts.
The report provides information on the key drivers and challenges of the Chronic Pain Therapeutics market. Its scope includes -
- Annualized seven key markets (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK and Japan) Chronic Pain Therapeutics market revenues data from 2005 to 2009, forecast for eight years to 2017.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across the different phases, mechanisms of action being developed and emerging trends by seven key markets. Pipeline candidates fall under major therapeutic classes.
- Analysis of the current and future competition in the seven key countries Chronic Pain Therapeutics market.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and the implications for the Chronic Pain Therapeutics therapeutics market.
- Analysis of key recent licensing and partnership agreements in Chronic Pain Therapeutics market
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global Chronic Pain Therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global Chronic Pain Therapeutics market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- What's the next big thing in the global Chronic Pain Therapeutics market landscape? - Identify, understand and capitalize.
The authors estimate that the global chronic pain therapeutics market was valued at $18 billion in 2010, and is forecast to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.7% over the next seven years, to reach $24.9 billion by 2017. This slow growth is primarily attributed to low treatment seeking behavior and disease awareness and the use of generic drugs Need for First-in-Class Drugs
The authors research indicates that the current treatment options are focused on offering relief from the various forms of chronic pain such as lower back pain, osteoarthritis pain, cancer pain, fibromyalgia and others. Although the current market is reasonably well served but the market needs novel therapies offering better results in terms of safety and efficacy. This is likely to fulfill the unmet need of the market. The chronic pain therapeutics pipeline is strong with disease modifying molecules such as Nerve Growth Factor (NGF), N-type calcium blockers, Glial cell regulators and so on in the various phases of clinical development. These products are likely to offer significantly better performance on safety and efficacy parameters.
Changing Future Landscape of the Chronic Pain Therapeutics Market
Pfizer Inc., Grunenthal GmbH, Cephalon Inc., SantoSolve AS, Transdel Pharmaceuticals, WEX Pharmaceuticals, Avanir Pharmaceuticals, Elite Pharmaceuticals, Horizon Therapeutics, Insys Therapeutics and Endo Pharmaceuticals are going to be the key players in future. GlobalData has profiled of all these companies as they hold important pipeline drugs in late stage development for chronic pain.
The existing market landscape remains competitive, because the treatment of chronic pain relies on established, older therapies like non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS), opioids, and cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) inhibitors. The market scenario will change after the launch of new disease-modifying therapies such as NGF binders, transient receptor potential vanilloid (TRPV) antagonists, calcium channel blockers, non-peptide neurotoxins, alpha adrenergic receptors, p38 kinase inhibitors, fatty acid amides hydrolase inhibitors, alpha-2 delta ligands, bradykinin (B2) receptor, N-Methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) antagonists, sigma 1 agonists and so on.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/c4b210/chronic_pain_thera