NEW YORK--(“Future of Public Relations and Communications” College Video Contest as part of its ongoing 50th anniversary celebration in 2011. The contest will offer college students a chance to win a trip to New York City to meet Warren Buffett, chairman and CEO of Business Wire’s parent company, Berkshire Hathaway, along with Business Wire Chairman and CEO Cathy Baron Tamraz at Business Wire’s NYSE Opening Bell luncheon on September 30.)--Business Wire today announced the launch of its
“We continue to emphasize innovation and leadership in developing new ways for communicators to reach their audiences, and this contest is a fun way to see the vision of the next generation of communicators”
The contest, open to full-time U.S. and Canadian students enrolled in a two- or four-year college, provides an opportunity for the next generation of communicators to share their vision of where they see public relations and communications headed in the coming years. Video submissions will be reviewed by a special judging committee of Business Wire senior managers on creativity, originality and appropriateness to theme.
“Many of us started at Business Wire early in our careers and were able to make an immediate impact with our ideas and hard work, so we value new voices. The creativity and enthusiasm of college students is a great way for us to look towards the future in celebrating Business Wire’s 50th anniversary,” said Baron Tamraz.
“We continue to emphasize innovation and leadership in developing new ways for communicators to reach their audiences, and this contest is a fun way to see the vision of the next generation of communicators,” Baron Tamraz added.
The top five videos will be posted to the Business Wire Facebook page where fans are encouraged to “like” and comment on their favorites.
- The contest is open to full-time U.S. and Canadian students, currently enrolled at a two- or four-year college on or in the immediate term before July 15, 2011.
- Videos must be less than three minutes in length and 1024 MB in size.
- Deadline: Contest video submissions must be received by 11 pm EDT, July 15, 2011
- The winner will be flown to New York City for three days and two nights, with airfare and hotel included (September 29-October 1). The winner will attend an exclusive luncheon on September 30, 2011 at the New York Stock Exchange and will meet Warren Buffett and Cathy Baron Tamraz.
- Submission and full contest details are located on the side bar on the Business Wire Facebook page: www.facebook.com/businesswire and questions about the contest should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Business Wire
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, celebrates its 50th anniversary in 2011 as the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. Public relations and investor relations professionals rely on Business Wire for both broad-based and targeted market reach. A recognized disclosure service in the United States, Canada and a dozen European countries, Business Wire handles XBRL tagging, document formatting and regulatory filing into EDGAR, SEDAR and other systems. Business Wire provides online newsroom hosting and integration services as well as search engine optimization, mobile distribution and detailed measurement on every press release. Its patented NX delivery platform provides simultaneous full-text posting of Business Wire content to news systems and websites in virtually any country or language. With 32 bureaus worldwide, Business Wire offers local service and global reach.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6679556&lang=en