DENVER--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Steve Orndorff, Ph.D., CEO of Ariel Pharmaceuticals (http://arielpharma.com), was named chairperson of the board of directors for the Colorado BioScience Association (CBSA) at its 2011 Annual All-Member meeting held at the Colorado National Golf Club facilities in Erie, CO, yesterday. The announcement is made by Holli Baumunk, CBSA President & CEO, who says Orndorff assumes chairperson responsibilities from Rick Jory, CEO of Sandhill Scientific, Highlands Ranch (http://www.sandhillsci.com).
Dr. Orndorff, a serial entrepreneur with 30 years experience in the biotechnology industry, leads Ariel Pharmaceuticals, a startup specialty pharmaceutical company focused on orphan diseases and acute medical conditions of neurological origin. He is also the former founder, President and CEO of Accera, Inc. and President and CEO of Univera Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a drug discovery company focused on diseases of inflammation and the immune response.
During his career, Dr. Orndorff has had responsibility in a broad array of disciplines such as basic research, manufacturing, product development and business development at various biotechnology companies including Genex Corporation, NutraSweet, Inc. and ZeaGen, Inc. He is a past President of the Society for Industrial Microbiology and a founding board member of the CBSA. He received a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology from Virginia Tech and a Ph.D. in microbiology from the University of Maryland.
Joining Dr. Orndorff on the CBSA Board officer team will be newly appointed vice chairperson Derek Cole, Vice President, Investor Relations, ARCA biopharma (http://www.arcabiopharma.com). Treasurer Norwood Robb, Denver School of Science and Technology (http://dsstpublicschools.org), and Secretary Linda Pryor, Pfizer, Inc. (http://www.pfizer.com), will both be continuing as officers. In other action, four new board members were approved by the CBSA membership.
Newly appointed CBSA board members include:
- Jeff Castleberry, COO, EndoShape, Inc. - http://endoshape.com
- Joe Guiles, Ph.D., Executive Director, MicroRx, CSU Ventures – http://www.microrx.org
- Scott Hutton, Sr. Director of Global Marketing, Medtronic Navigation – http://www.medtronic.com/for-healthcare-professionals/business-unit-landing-Page/Navigation
- David Mitchell, Executive Director, Plant Manager, Merck & Co., Inc. – http://www.merck.com
Reappointments of CBSA board members include:
- John Dunning, President & CEO, Clairmedix, Inc. - http://www.clarimedix.com
- Rick Jory, President & CEO, Sandhill Scientific, Inc. – http://www.sandhillsci.com
- Ruth Lytle-Barnaby, Executive Director, Poudre Valley Health System Community and Foundation Development – http://www.pvhs.org
- Will Vaughn, Ph.D., Director of Technology Transfer, Colorado School of Mines – http://www.mines.edu
- Michael Weiner, Partner, Dorsey & Whitney – http://www.dorsey.com
- Jim Wilson, Senior Audit Manager, Ernst & Young – http://www.ey.com
The CBSA’s 2011 association sponsors include:
About the Colorado Bioscience Association
The CBSA is a not-for-profit corporation providing services and support for Colorado's growing biosciences industry. With more than 350 members, CBSA actively works to promote the growth of the industry by working for a better business environment, grow the state's biotech workforce, fight for policies that support a strong bioscience industry in the state and speak with a single voice on behalf of the industry. For more information, visit http://www.cobioscience.com.
CBSA also is found on these social media sites:
LinkedIn Group: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=98468&trk=anet_ug_grppro
Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/ColoradoBioScienceAssociation
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/COBioscience