CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Siemens Hearing Instruments, Inc., (www.usa.siemens.com/hearing) will unveil a host of products at the American Academy of Audiology AudiologyNOW! 2011 conference – including the new Aquaris™, the world’s first, truly waterproof1, dustproof and shock-resistant digital hearing instrument.
With a housing constructed from one solid piece, watertight microphone membrane and a waterproof battery compartment, Aquaris can be submerged in up to three feet of water. It features an ergonomic shape and non-slip, textured surface that holds the Aquaris behind the ear to help prevent slipping. In addition, it has an optional Sport Clip to secure the instrument during intense movement and high-impact activities and a water-resistant Aquapac to protect audio devices.
Aquaris is equipped with Siemens clinically proven BestSound™ Technology with FeedbackStopper™ and SpeechFocus™ for true sound comfort, clarity and excellent speech understanding, and the industry’s most stable feedback management system2.
“Siemens Hearing is once again providing revolutionary products suited to the most demanding environments. Aquaris frees people from the limitations that up until now wearing hearing instruments imposed,” said Scott Davis, Siemens Hearing Instruments acting CEO. “Now people participating in leisure activities that involve water or dust such as sailing, swimming, kayaking or gardening need not worry. Aquaris is also ideal for people who live or work in humid or dusty environments, or for anyone who engages in sweat-inducing, physically intense activities like construction work, farming, golfing, hiking, biking or jogging.”
At AudiologyNOW! 2011, Siemens Hearing will be showcasing the following new products and services: [Please visit Siemens Booth #1127 for a preview and demonstration.]
- Pure® Carat – Takes the widely accepted, small RIC (Receiver-in-Canal) Pure to a new level. With a rechargeable, larger-size 13 battery, it delivers longer-lasting power and allows for more powerful receivers. New AutoPhone® and Telecoil make phone calls easier, and a programmable toggle switch for volume control and program selection brings added user convenience. The result is discretion with longer-lasting life, higher-power options for more severe hearing loss, hassle-free handling and wireless connectivity.
- Pure® Special Edition – The smallest RIC from Siemens. Features BestSound Technology and a 10A battery to minimize instrument size. Pure Special Edition is available in the BestSound Technology 501 and 701 performance levels and comes in two sophisticated, metallic-accented colors.
- iMini™ – Invisible and individually hand-crafted to perfection, the iMini is the smallest custom instrument from Siemens. iMini features BestSound Technology in performance level 701 and is designed to sit comfortably and deeply in the ear canal. iMini can be produced with iScan™ – our innovative in-office impression scanner that makes ordering custom products online accurate and simple. iMini is elegantly designed and available in 12 jewel-inspired colors.
- miniTekTM – The ultramodern, super-small Bluetooth® wireless miniTek is a remote control and stereo streamer that allows Siemens hearing instruments with e2e wireless® 2.0 to connect wirelessly to TV, cell phones, MP3 players, computers and other enabled devices. Users can answer phone calls, listen to TV without disturbing others, or stream music from an MP3 player. It features Direct Audio Input (DAI) for FM receivers, easy access to T-coil, and other functions. All this without compromising the aesthetics in a miniature high-end remote that weighs less than two ounces and fits in a small pocket. Able to access multiple devices with just a touch, miniTek connects to two transmitters simultaneously for greater flexibility, and works with an optional automobile charger.
- Aspire – A new and exclusive Siemens Rewards Program, Aspire includes patient and practice value-added benefits such as cooperative marketing programs, business development strategy, and demand generation. Conceived by hearing practice professionals, Aspire provides insight and support from our team of Business Development Consultants. Members receive discounts and rebates based on purchase amounts, cost savings, and additional sources of revenue. Aspire Rewards Program is the only in the industry to offer marketing co-op at all membership levels and access to the Siemens network of corporate partners and employees. Building on our high-quality standards and performance, Siemens provides Aspire members with our exclusive Customer Quality Assurance Guarantee, as well as advantageous free shipping.
The products mentioned above are not yet available for purchase in some countries. Due to regulatory reasons, future availability in any country cannot be guaranteed. Please contact your local Siemens organization for further details.
About Siemens Healthcare
The Siemens Healthcare Sector is one of the world's largest suppliers to the healthcare industry and a trendsetter in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics, medical information technology and hearing aids. Siemens offers its customers products and solutions for the entire range of patient care from a single source – from prevention and early detection to diagnosis, and on to treatment and aftercare. By optimizing clinical workflows for the most common diseases, Siemens also makes healthcare faster, better and more cost-effective. Siemens Healthcare employs some 48,000 employees worldwide and operates around the world. In fiscal year 2010 (to September 30), the Sector posted revenue of 12.4 billion Euros and profit of around 750 million Euros. For further information please visit: www.siemens.com/healthcare.
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Siemens AG is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
1 Achieved IP57 rating per IEC 60529 (International Electro-technical Commission) standard. Device can be completely submerged in water up to 3 feet for 30 minutes with no damage to the instrument, and dust will not interfere with the satisfactory operation of the device.
2 Siemens ranked No.1 in a Vanderbilt University study comparing feedback-free real-ear insertion gain for 6 open-fitted receiver-in-canal hearing instruments. Source: Ricketts, TA 2010
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6671305&lang=en