PALO ALTO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--To help simplify the e-book selection process, ebrary®, a leading provider of e-books and research technology, today announced the availability of its 2011 Starter Packs™. With 25 new packages of perpetual archive (purchase) titles in high-use subject areas, Starter Packs provide an ideal way for libraries to get started with e-books or supplement other ebrary products including Academic Complete™ with DASH!™, ebrary’s flagship subscription database recently named to the CHOICE Outstanding Academic Titles list.
“ebrary has been offering annual Starter Packs since 2008, and they have been tremendously popular among our library customers as an effective means to add current titles to their core collections,” said Leslie Lees, Vice President of Content Development. “Based on market feedback this year, we have added Child Development, Aging & Geriatrics, and Globalization, and each collection has been carefully hand-picked by our on-staff librarians.”
ebrary’s 2011 Starter Packs include the following:
ebrary’s Starter Packs may be purchased in their entirety at a discount, or used as selection tools for acquiring individual e-books from world-renowned publishers such as Elsevier, McGraw-Hill, Oxford University Press, and Taylor & Francis. Each package contains approximately 40 current titles that are not available in ebrary’s subscription products or Starter Packs from previous years. Starter Packs may be previewed at http://www.ebrary.com/corp/librariesPerp.jsp#starter.
Additionally, Starter Packs can be seamlessly integrated with e-books acquired under any ebrary model including subscription, perpetual archive (purchase), and Patron Driven Acquisition (PDA), and include rich features and functionality that help end-users conduct research easily and effectively.
Additional features and benefits:
- Available any time through any web-enabled device including the iPad.
- ebrary InfoTools™, which turns every word into a portal to additional information on the web.
- Notes and highlights that are automatically stored on a personal bookshelf.
- Ability to copy/paste and print text with automatic citations and URL hyperlinks back to the source.
- Personal bookshelves with moveable folders that can be shared with others.
- Multiple options for searching, navigating, and browsing.
- ADA 508c compliant content, text-to-speech, and other accessibility features.
- Free on-demand MARC records.
- Granular COUNTER-compliant usage reports.
- 24/7 web-based training with a real person.
To request a price quote, demonstration, or other information, please email email@example.com.
About ebrary (www.ebrary.com)
ebrary is a leading provider of e-books and research technology to libraries worldwide. Founded in 1999, the company offers more than 273,000 e-books from over 500 trusted publishers under flexible models including subscription, perpetual archive (purchase), and patron driven acquisition. ebrary is the only e-book provider that enables customers to upload and integrate their own digital materials right from their computers with DASH!™ (Data Sharing, Fast) technology as well as apply cross-referencing with multiple online resources with InfoTools™ technology. A member of the ProQuest® family of companies, ebrary is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, USA.