SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Zynga Inc. today announced a fundraising initiative across more than seven games in partnership with Save the Children to support relief efforts following the devastating earthquake and tsunami in Japan. Zynga is giving its 250 million players a chance to donate 100 percent of the purchase price of newly created virtual items to the Japan Earthquake Tsunami Children Emergency Fund, created by Save the Children to support the children of Japan’s ongoing and urgent needs. Facebook is donating all of its Facebook Credits generated through the purchases to support the fundraising efforts.
"It's inspiring to see the Zynga teams spontaneously take action to partner with our game players worldwide to help Japan," said Mark Pincus, CEO and Founder of Zynga. "We hope that the millions of people who connect through our games every day will also take action to connect with Japan as we saw them do with our Haiti relief efforts."
Players have the opportunity to donate in the following games, with 100 percent of the purchase price of these virtual items donated to the fund:
- Café World: Players cans place Japanese inspired decorations in their Café to benefit the initiative.
- CityVille: Citizens can plant a limited edition sweet potato crop to feed their population and stock their restaurants.
- FrontierVille: Players can buy a limited edition Kobe cow to place in their frontier.
- FarmVille: Farmers can plant a limited edition daikon radish crop that never withers.
- Words With Friends: Players can donate directly by clicking on a Save the Children button inside the game.
- YoVille: Players can purchase homes and furniture inspired by Japanese architecture and design.
- Zynga Poker: Fans going for a royal flush can donate by purchasing access to a VIP table.
- zBar: Players can donate directly by clicking on a Save the Children button inside the bar that sits across the top of their game on Facebook.
Zynga.org is committed to transforming the world through the power of virtual social goods with campaigns in Zynga games. Since its inception in October 2009, hundreds of thousands of players have raised more than $6.8 million dollars for international nonprofits through Zynga.org
Additional Zynga games throughout the world will roll out limited edition items in the coming days. Visit the following link directly to help provide disaster relief and support children affected by the disaster in Japan: http://www.savethechildren.org/japanzynga.
About Zynga Inc.
Zynga Inc. is the world’s largest social game developer with more than 250 million monthly active users playing their games which include FarmVille, FrontierVille, Mafia Wars, Zynga Poker, Café World, Treasure Isle and CityVille. Zynga Inc. games are available on a number of global platforms including Facebook, MySpace, Yahoo, the iPad and iPhone. Through Zynga.org, Zynga players have raised more than $6.8 million for world social causes. Zynga Inc. is headquartered in San Francisco. For more information, visit www.zynga.com or www.zynga.org.
About Save the Children