FAIRFAX, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The American Council for Technology and Industry Advisory Council (ACT-IAC) today announced the top 20 finalists for its 9th Annual Excellence.Gov Awards Program. The program recognizes best practices in the federal government’s management and use of information technology (IT) assets to improve services to citizens, enhance government operations and provide a more open and transparent government.
“We’re thrilled to be able to recognize these government programs—and their managers—who have achieved outstanding results in advancing the business government through the effective and efficient use of technology,” said Ken Allen, ACT-IAC Executive Director. “This year’s finalists exemplify the proud tradition established by this program, by demonstrating a noble commitment to adopting innovative technologies to enhance government efficiency and improve citizens services.”
Since its 2002 inception, the Excellence.Gov Awards Program has recognized over 150 exceptional federal IT programs.
Chris Dorobek, the host of Federal News Radio 1500 AM's DorobekINSIDER, will emcee a March 16, 2011, awards luncheon that will showcase the finalists and top seven Excellence.gov Award category winners at Washington, D.C.’s JW Marriott.
All finalists will receive an award to display, five complimentary seats to the awards luncheon, a complimentary government registration to the 2011 Management of Change (MOC) Conference at the Homestead Resort, Hot Springs, Va., May 15-17, and a complimentary tabletop display at the 2011 MOC to exhibit the program. Each of the seven winners will receive a complimentary government registration to the 2011 Executive Leadership Conference in Williamsburg, Va., October 23-25.
A panel of 35 judges, made up of government and industry executives, reviewed nearly 100 nominations to select this year’s finalists listed here by category, program name and government agency:
Excellence in Enhancing the Customer Experience
- Data.gov – GSA
- Consular Electronic Application Center, The DS-160 Application – State Dept., Bureau of Consular Affairs
- Permitting Remote Wireless Project in the Four Rivers – USDA, U.S. Forest Service
Excellence and Innovation in the Use of Social Media
- Apps for Healthy Kids – USDA
- CO.NX – State Dept.
- Defense Centers of Excellence for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury Social Media Program – Defense Dept., Defense Centers for Excellence
Excellence in Intergovernmental Collaboration
- All Partners Access Network – Defense Dept., Pacific Command
- Petition Cases Management System and Document Management System – Organization of American States
- Combined DNA Index System Version 6.0 – Justice Dept., Federal Bureau of Investigation
Excellence in Improving the Operations of Government
- Biometrics Face Recognition – State Dept., Bureau of Consular Affairs
- Budget Formulation and Execution Manager Program – Treasury Dept.
- Global Combat Support System, Marine Corps – Defense Dept., U.S. Marine Corps
- Direct Express Debit Mastercard for Recurring Benefit Payments – Treasury Dept., Financial Management Service
- Tax Compliance Revolution Project – State of Oklahoma
Excellence in Improving the Workforce
- Human Capital Enterprise, HR Shared Services – U.S. Postal Service
- Case Adjudication Tracking System – Defense Dept., Business Transformation Agency
Excellence in Going Green
- Green IT Initiative – State Dept., Bureau of Consular Affairs
- PD Altess at Green Energy Initiative – Defense Dept., U.S. Army
Best Mobile App (new category for 2011)
- MyTSA – Transportation Dept.
- My FoodaPedia – USDA
For more information on the 2011 Excellence.gov Awards Program, or to register for the awards luncheon, please visit the ACT-IAC website at http://www.actgov.org/ExcellenceDotGov2011.
About ACT-IAC – Advancing Government Through Collaboration, Education and Action
ACT-IAC is recognized as the premier government IT community’s public-private partnership and is an example of how government and industry work together. We are a non-profit educational organization created to advance government in serving the public through the effective application of IT resources. Our education, training, programming and collaboration opportunities enhance and advance the government IT profession. ACT-IAC’s objective, vendor and technology-neutral, and ethical forum allows government and industry to collaborate and improve government through technology.
Learn more about our organization and how to become a member at www.actgov.org or call (703) 208-4800.