DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2c8b6d/marcellus_shale_in) has announced the addition of GlobalData's new report "Marcellus Shale in the US - Gas Shale Market Analysis and Forecasts to 2020" to their offering.
Marcellus Shale in the US - Gas Shale Market Analysis and Forecasts to 2020 analyzes the recent activities in the Marcellus shale gas play. The report details the operational activities in the play, analyzing drilling activities, cost trends, initial production rates and the well decline curves. The research also provides information on production trends in the Marcellus shale gas play with forecasts to 2020. It analyzes the competitive landscape of the Marcellus shale, detailing operations of the top five companies. The report highlights infrastructure details in the shale gas play. It also details the merger and acquisition activities in the shale play during the period between 2007 and 2010.
Increased Drilling Activities and Increasing Production Driving Marcellus to Emerge as Major Natural Gas Shale in the US
The number of permits issued in Marcellus Shale by Pennsylvania increased from 146 in January 2010 to 321 in November 2010, demonstrating increased interest of oil and gas companies in the shale play. From 2009 to 2010, the number of permits issued increased at a CAGR of 46.7%.
According to the Department of State, Pennsylvania there were a total of 1,368 wells drilled in the Marcellus Shale from January 2010 through November 2010. The number of wells drilled in Pennsylvania has been showing an increasing trend since 2008. During 2008, 195 wells were drilled in Marcellus Shale in the Pennsylvania state and in the year 2009, the number increased to 768.
Natural gas production in Marcellus Shale (Pennsylvania) was approximately 143bcfe (billion cubic feet equivalent) during the period January December 2009.
Range Resources occupied the first position in terms of gas production in the Marcellus Shale (Pennsylvania) during the period January to December, 2009, with production of 17.2 bcfe. Cabot Oil & Gas and Chevron Corporation occupy the second and third positions respectively.
Entry of Global Oil Majors into Marcellus through Acreage Acquisitions of High Deal Value Indicates Its Huge Potential
Marcellus shale received high attention in 2008 with natural gas prices reaching a new high. Since then, the play has continued to attract new companies. Low cost, huge resource potential and the play's proximity to consuming market has made the shale gas play very attractive. The number of deals in the play has not gone down even in such a volatile commodity market.
Marcellus shale witnessed a huge surge in merger and acquisition (M&A) activities in 2010 with a number of new companies entering the shale gas play. The M&A activities in the Marcellus shale gas play have continued to increase with 31 deals between January and November, 2010. Different companies have invested over $20.6 billion in 2010 to enter into this lucrative shale gas play.
- The report analyzes the activities in the US Marcellus shale gas play. The scope of the report includes
- Details of the major companies in the Marcellus shale gas play by acreage and by production
- Marcellus shale production trends and expected production during 2009-2020
- Cost per well and costs of finding and development in the shale gas play are discussed
- Marcellus shale drilling statistics by period, company and county are detailed
- Details of major infrastructure developments in the play over the past years
- Information on the major mergers and acquisitions in the Marcellus shale play between 2007 and 2010
- Analysis of the operations of major companies in the play, such as Chesapeake Energy, Range Resources, Talisman Energy and others.
Reasons to buy
- The report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to
- Understand the changing dynamics of the oil and gas industry in the US by understanding the role of shale gas plays in the energy industry of the country
- Develop business strategies with the help of specific insights about this shale play
- Understand trends and activities in the Marcellus shale gas play
- Understand the market positioning of the major players in this shale gas play
- Increase future revenue and profitability with the help of insights about future opportunities and critical success factors in the shale gas plays.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Table of contents
3 Marcellus Shale Overview
4 Marcellus Shale, Operational Overview
5 Marcellus Shale, Competitive Landscape
6 Marcellus Shale, Analysis of Top 5 Companies
8 Marcellus Shale, Merger and Acquisition Activities
9 Marcellus Shale, Environmental Concerns
- Chesapeake Energy
- Range Resources
- Talisman Energy
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2c8b6d/marcellus_shale_in