SANTA CLARA, Calif.--()--Strata Conference
“Why all the Hadoopla? An Introduction to Hadoop for the Oracle professional”
- Quest Software, Inc. (Nasdaq: QSFT) today unveiled support for Apache Hive in its two free NoSQL tools, Toad® for Cloud Databases and OraOop. Additional enhancements include Eclipse support in Toad for Cloud Databases, and full support for Oracle RAC in OraOop.
Toad for Cloud Databases
- Toad for Cloud Databases, a tool that allows developers to query, migrate, browse, and edit non-relational data using a SQL interface, now provides a user-friendly interface to the Hive system. Additional NoSQL platforms already supported include Apache HBase, Amazon SimpleDB, Microsoft Azure Table Services, Microsoft SQL Azure, Apache Cassandra, and any ODBC-enabled relational database.
- The freeware has already been downloaded by more than 1,500 users. Many working in Hadoop and other particular NoSQL databases prefer the Eclipse IDE, so Quest now offers both an Eclipse IDE plug-in, as well as a Microsoft Windows .NET client for the tool. For more information and to download the freeware, go to www.quest.com/toad-for-cloud-databases/.
- Quest also today unveiled Hive support for OraOop, a connector for high-speed, scalable bi-directional data transfer between Oracle and Hadoop. Users can now export data to compressed Oracle tables and create Oracle tables based on the output of Hive HQL queries.
- The new release of OraOop also leverages the full power of Oracle RAC clustered databases, allowing users to import or export from RAC to Hadoop. Users managing unstructured data with Hadoop often use it in conjunction with large Oracle RAC deployments, making the ability to efficiently move data between these two ‘big data’ solutions critical.
- OraOop is available as a freeware download at www.quest.com/Ora-Oop, and as a supported component of Cloudera Enterprise.
Billy Bosworth, VP and GM of Enterprise Database, Quest Software.
“Working alongside a cutting-edge technology wave, we’re adding functionality and additional platform support for Toad for Cloud Databases and OraOop almost in tandem with new demands we see in the market. Right now, we’re seeing very strong adoption of the Hive system in conjunction with Hadoop, and we think the ability to store the output of Hive analytic queries in Oracle will benefit our customers by allowing them to integrate Hadoop data with traditional business intelligence solutions. We are excited to keep bringing to market the kind of innovation that underscores our commitment to enabling NoSQL adoption within the enterprise.”
- Register to attend the webcast, “Why all the Hadoopla? An Introduction to Hadoop for the Oracle professional,” on Feb. 15: http://www.quest.com/events/ListDetails.aspx?ContentID=13374
- Watch this video on “Querying Hive with Toad for Cloud Databases” from Jeremiah Peschka: http://blog.toadforcloud.com/2010/11/30/querying-hive-with-toad-for-cloud-databases/
- Follow our cloud database and NoSQL experts on Twitter: @guyharrison, @peschkaj
- Visit NoSQLPedia, a free online community resource and wiki to learn more about NoSQL: http://nosqlpedia.com/
- Visit the Toad for Cloud Databases community to learn more and download the tool: http://toadforcloud.com/index.jspa
Talk To Us Directly:
We can arrange a quick phone conversation or a meet-up at the Strata Conference with our experts – just ask!
Quest Software (Nasdaq: QSFT) simplifies and reduces the cost of managing IT for more than 100,000 customers worldwide. Our innovative solutions make solving the toughest IT management problems easier, enabling customers to save time and money across physical, virtual and cloud environments. For more information about Quest solutions for application management, database management, Windows management, virtualization management, and IT management, go to www.quest.com.
- Quest news releases: www.quest.com/rss/news-releases.aspx
- Quest Software: www.quest.com/
- Toad for Cloud Databases: www.quest.com/toad-for-cloud-databases/
- OraOop: http://www.quest.com/Ora-Oop/
- data transfer between Oracle and Hadoop: http://www.quest.com/Ora-Oop/
- Cloudera Enterprise: http://cloudera.com/partners/connectors/oraoop/
- Systems management: http://www.quest.com
- Application monitoring: http://www.quest.com/application-monitoring
- Database management: http://www.quest.com/database-management
- Windows management: http://www.quest.com/windows-management
- Virtualization Management: http://www.quest.com/virtualization
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/Quest_Software
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Quest-Software/65026711832
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/companies/quest-software
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/questsoftware
Quest, Quest Software, Toad and the Quest logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Quest Software in the United States and certain other countries. All other names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.