DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ead1d4/the_swedish_defens) has announced the addition of iCD Research's new report "The Swedish Defense Sector Market Opportunities and Entry Strategies, Analyses and Forecasts to 2015" to their offering.
Defense expenditure of Sweden, estimated to be US$5.3 billion during 2010, registered a CARC of -1.93% during the review period. During the forecast period, the defense expenditure of the country is expected to grow at a CAGR of 0.36% to reach US$5.4 billion by 2015. Over the next five years, the country's defense expenditure will be influenced largely due factors such as a strained relationship with Russia, acquisition of new defense systems and the country's participation in international peacekeeping missions.
The country spent an average of 1.4% of its GDP towards defense expenditure during the review period. However, military spending as a percentage of GDP is expected to come down to an average of 1.1% during the forecast period as the annual GDP growth rate is higher than the defense budget growth rate of the country.
An average of 47% of the total budget was earmarked for capital expenditure during 2004-08, but this share came down to 44% in 2009 due to a reduction in the purchase of defense equipment. During the forecast period, however, capital expenditure is expected to increase to an average of 45% of the total defense expenditure due to a reduction in the total troop size of the armed forces resulting in a lesser revenue expenditure need.
This report offers insights into the market opportunities and entry strategies adopted by foreign OEMs (original equipment manufacturers) to gain a market share in the Swedish defense industry. In particular, it offers in-depth analysis of the following:
- Market opportunity and attractiveness: detailed analysis of the current industry size and growth expectations during 2010-2015, including highlights of the key growth stimulators. It also benchmarks the industry against key global markets and provides detailed understanding of emerging opportunities in specific areas.
- Procurement dynamics: trend analysis of imports and exports, together with its implications and impact on the Swedish defense industry.
- Industry structure: five forces analysis to identify various power centers in the industry and how these are likely to develop in the future.
- Market entry strategy: analysis of possible ways to enter the market, together with detailed descriptions of how existing players have entered the market, including key contracts, alliances, and strategic initiatives.
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of competitive landscape of the defense industry in Sweden. It provides an overview of key defense companies (both domestic and foreign), together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives, and a brief financial analysis.
- Business environment and country risk: a range of drivers at country level, assessing business environment and country risk. It covers historical and forecast values for a range of indicators, evaluating business confidence, economic performance, infrastructure quality and availability, labor force, demographics, and political and social risk.
- Top level overview of the Swedish defense industry
- A breakdown of the Swedish defense industry by spend pattern valued from 2004 through 2009 and forecasted from 2010 through 2015
- A breakdown of the markets by segment valued from 2004 through 2009 and forecasted from 2010 through 2015
- Details of top companies active across the Swedish defense industry
- Emerging trends and opportunities in the Swedish defense industry in the last 12 months
Scope of the report:
- Analysis of Defense industry market size from 2004 through 2009 and forecasts till 2015
- Analysis of defense budget allocation
- Benchmarking with key global markets
- Market opportunities
- Defense procurement dynamics
- Industry dynamics
- Market entry strategy
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights
- Business environment and country risk
Reasons to buy:
- Gain insight into the Swedish defense industry with current, historic and forecast market values
- Get insight on market opportunity and attractiveness
- Get insight on industry procurement dynamics
- Gain insight on industry structure
- Gain insight into the regulations governing the Swedish defense industry and the potential market entry strategies with an expert analysis of the competitive structure
- Identify top companies of the Swedish defense industry along with profiles of all those companies
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive Summary
- Market Attractiveness and Emerging Opportunities
- Defense Procurement Market Dynamics
- Industry Dynamics
- Market Entry Strategy
- Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights
- Business Environment and Country Risk
- BAE Systems AB
- Kockums AB
- NAMMO AS
- DYNASAFE AB
- Patria Helicopter AB
- Volvo Aero
- Scanjack AB
- kers Krutbruk Protection AB
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ead1d4/the_swedish_defens