LAS VEGAS--()--HP (NYSE:HPQ) today unveiled new business desktop PCs, thin clients and monitors that deliver performance and value, helping small businesses and large enterprise customers improve productivity and reduce the environmental impact of their technology.
“iNEMI Position Statement on the ‘Definition of Low-Halogen Electronics (BFR/CFR/PVC-Free).’”
Among the products announced:
- The HP Compaq 8200 Elite, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, HP Compaq 4000 Pro and HP 100B All-in-One Business Desktops offer a choice of computing power and design that deliver the control, consistency, connectivity(1) and commitment to environmental excellence business customers expect from HP.
- The HP t5550, t5565 and t5570 Thin Clients are ideal for environmentally conscious customers seeking simple, reliable computing for office applications and web browsing for client virtualization or cloud computing.(2)
- HP Compaq Business Monitors feature sleek, modern designs for forward-thinking customers in need of power-saving, adjustable displays.
“HP is the No. 1 desktop supplier worldwide – shipping one desktop PC every 1.2 seconds – and today’s announcement expands our award-winning commercial portfolio with the latest technologies to propel companies forward,” said Stephen DeWitt, senior vice president and general manager, Personal Systems Group – Americas, HP. “These products provide energy efficiency, offer reliable manageability and set the foundation for future desktop and virtual computing environments that provide customers a boost in productivity and their bottom line.”
Serving a wide array of customer needs
Designed for businesses looking for maximum desktop performance, options, security and IT control, the HP Compaq 8200 Elite is HP’s premium business PC, delivering up to 40 percent better performance and 15 percent faster hard drive access.(3) Featuring the latest advancements in technology, computing performance and energy efficiency available on the market, the HP Compaq 8200 Elite is built with HP’s highest standard of desktop stability and manageability and includes future second-generation Intel® Core™ vPro™ processors.(4)
A range of graphics solutions — including a new discrete graphics option on the compact Ultra-slim Desktop models — also are available, offering up to 70 percent better graphics performance.(3)
The HP Compaq 8200 Elite also offers customers the powerful HP ProtectTools(5) network and data security software suite, Global Series(6) models and a three-year business PC limited warranty. Chassis options range from the unique HP Convertible Minitower for maximum expansion and deployment capabilities to the Small Form Factor, with an efficient design that has made it the top-selling desktop chassis, to the Ultra-slim Desktop, which delivers enterprise-class performance in a very small and stylish PC.
The HP Compaq 6200 Pro combines industry-standard features and options with HP’s reliable business PC designs and expertise. The 6200 Pro is the optimal choice for business PC customers looking for productivity, basic manageability and security features. Available in either a Small Form Factor or a Microtower chassis, the 6200 Pro can be configured to meet the needs and budget of customers.
The HP Compaq 4000 Pro is designed for small to midsize businesses looking for a mainstream, cost-effective business PC. The 4000 Pro offers Intel processors delivered in an efficient Small Form Factor chassis. This new business PC features legacy PC technologies such as PCI expansion slots, PS/2 device support and a standard serial port for maximum protection of existing technology investments, in addition to the input/output ports expected on current PC platforms.
The new AMD processor-based HP 100B All-in-One PC provides small businesses the essential technology they need, in the sleek, space-saving design they want, at a price they can afford. Featuring a 20-inch diagonal LCD display console, the HP 100B All-in-One PC integrates advanced, high-definition (HD) graphics(7) with dual-core processing in a flexible design that can be easily upgraded as computing needs grow.
HP offers a minimum 12-month life cycle and onsite service warranties to ensure stable rollouts for the HP Compaq 8200 Elite, Compaq 6200 Elite and Compaq 4000 Pro business desktops.
The new 2011 HP business desktops include highly efficient PC designs and power supplies that help lower energy use and enable more models than ever to qualify for ENERGY STAR® and EPEAT® Gold. HP also plans for the entire desktop series to be brominated flame retardants (BFRs) and polyvinyl chloride (PVC)(8) free further lessening the PC’s impact on the environment.
Select new HP business PCs ship with free 60-day trial of Norton Internet Security protection to minimize PC downtime, prevent lost productivity and reduce IT costs by protecting against viruses, spyware and other online threats.(9)
Options for every virtualized environment
The new HP t5550, t5565 and t5570 Thin Clients deliver robust performance and value for environmentally conscious customers seeking simple and affordable productivity in client virtualization or cloud computing environments. The industry’s first EPEAT Gold registered(10) thin client, the t5500 series also is ENERGY STAR qualified, BFR/PVC-free(11) and its case parts contain more than 30 percent post-consumer recycled plastic.
With a choice of operating systems, the t5500 thin clients feature the Superscalar VIA Nano u3500 CPU and VX900 Integrated Graphics Processor, which delivers hardware-assisted multimedia decoding for performance rivaling a traditional PC.(12) This combines with standard dual digital monitor support, six USB ports and the HP Universal Print Driver to deliver the rich, PC-like user experience HP customers expect from the worldwide shipment leader in thin clients.(13)
Advanced security features provide customers peace of mind with Symantec Endpoint Protection Firewall, Enhanced Write Filter, a secure USB compartment and optional enterprise-class wireless connectivity.(14)
The energy-efficient HP t5500 Series Thin Clients can be quickly configured and deployed with HP Easy Tools – a consistent startup experience that consolidates setup and configuration tools into one guided wizard and four simple steps. Also pre-installed with the latest Citrix, VMware and Microsoft plug-ins, t5500 series thin clients are ready for immediate and robust productivity right out of the box.
WLED monitors deliver improved technology, design and performance
The new family of HP Advantage Series business monitors can be paired with any of the desktop offerings above. The HP Compaq LA2006x, LA2206x and LA2306x WLED Backlit LCD Monitors are designed to make a positive impact on business through slim, widescreen designs made possible by mercury-free, WLED backlit technology.
Available in 20-, 21.5- and 23-inch diagonal screen sizes, the monitors feature an ergonomically improved slider stand that provides extensive height, 90-degree pivot, tilt and swivel adjustments. In addition, digital DVI, DisplayPort and a built-in two-port USB hub provide advanced connectivity options, while full HD resolution(15) and 1,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio(16) work together to provide uncompromised views.
HP also introduced a business monitor in the Essential Series, the HP Compaq LE1901wl WLED Backlit LCD Monitor, for improved productivity and ease of use. With a mercury-free WLED backlit panel, this tilt-adjustable 19-inch diagonal monitor features a 16:10 aspect ratio, leaving room for larger toolbars without taking up valuable content space. It also includes a VGA input for easy PC connectivity, as well as VESA compatibility(17) to provide a wide range of stand options while freeing up valuable desk space.
All of the above listed business monitors come equipped with HP Display Assistant Software for custom picture quality, theft deterrence and energy savings enablement. All also are ENERGY STAR qualified, EPEAT registered(18) and TCO Displays certified.
Pricing and availability(19)
- The HP Compaq 8200 Elite starts at $679 and is expected to be available on March 7.
- The HP Compaq 6200 Pro starts at $619 and is expected to be available on March 28.
- The HP Compaq 4000 Pro starts at $499 and is expected to be available next month.
- The HP 100B All-in-One PC starts at $499 and is expected to be available next month.
- The HP t5550, t5565 and t5570 Thin Clients start at $249 and are expected to be available on Jan. 10.
- The HP Compaq LA2006x, LA2206x and LA2306x WLED Backlit LCD Monitors start at $209 and are available today in the United States.
- The HP Compaq LE1901wl WLED Backlit LCD Monitor starts at $157 and is available today in the United States.
Information about HP’s consumer computing offerings, also announced today, is available in a separate news release.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Wireless access point and internet service required and sold separately.
(2) Network and internet service required.
(3) PCMark05 performance benchmark and comparison testing performed on a similarly configured HP Compaq 8000 Elite SFF and HP Compaq 8200 Elite SFF. Performance profiles: PCMark05 done with the “as shipped” defaults. Actual results may vary based on system configuration and performance will vary over time depending on software installed.
(4) 64-bit computing on Intel architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers and applications enabled for Intel 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on hardware and software configurations. See www.intel.com/info/em64t for more information. Dual Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers will necessarily benefit from the use of this technology. Maximum memory capacities assume 64-bit operating systems. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
(5) HP ProtectTools requires Microsoft® Windows.
(6) Global Series refers to HP business desktop models or configurations that are available on a global scale.
(7) HD content required to view HD graphics.
(8) HP business desktops are planned to be brominated flame retardant and polyvinyl chloride free (BFR/PVC-free); meeting the evolving definition of “BFR/PVC-free” as set forth in the “iNEMI Position Statement on the ‘Definition of Low-Halogen Electronics (BFR/CFR/PVC-Free).’” Plastic parts contain <1,000 parts per million (ppm)(0.1 percent) of bromine (if the Br source is from BFRs) and <1,000 ppm (0.1 percent) of chlorine (if the Cl source is from CFRs or PVC or PVC copolymers). All printed circuit board (PCB) and substrate laminates contain bromine/chlorine total <1,500 ppm (0.15 percent) with a maximum chlorine of 900 ppm (0.09 percent) and maximum bromine being 900 ppm (0.09 percent). Service parts after purchase may not be BFR/PVC-free.
(9) Internet access required. First 60 days included. Subscription required for live updates afterwards.
(10) EPEAT Gold where HP registers thin client products. See www.epeat.net for country registration status.
(11) HP t5550, HP t5565 and HP t5570 Thin Clients are brominated flame retardant and polyvinyl chloride free (BFR/PVC-free); meeting the evolving definition of “BFR/PVC-free” as set forth in the “iNEMI Position Statement on the ‘Definition of Low-Halogen Electronics (BFR/CFR/PVC-Free).’” Plastic parts contain <1,000 ppm (0.1 percent) of bromine (if the Br source is from BFRs) and <1,000 ppm (0.1 percent) of chlorine (if the Cl source is from CFRs or PVC or PVC copolymers). All printed circuit board (PCB) and substrate laminates contain bromine/chlorine total <1,500 ppm (0.15 percent) with a maximum chlorine of 900 ppm (0.09 percent) and maximum bromine being 900 ppm (0.09 percent). Service parts after purchase may not be BFR/PVC-free. Power supply, power cords, mouse, keyboard, and DVI-to-VGA adapter are not BFR/PVC-free.
(12) Hardware-assisted decoding depends on driver support for the streaming media types and is not identical for all operating systems.
(13) IDC, Q310 Enterprise Client Device Tracker, November 2010.
(14) Integrated Wi-Fi available on select models. Wireless access point and internet service required.
(15) Full HD available on the HP Compaq LA2206x and HP Compaq LA2306x only. These monitors are capable of 1080p resolution. HD content is required to view HD images.
(16) All performance specifications represent the typical specifications provided by HP’s component manufacturers; actual performance may vary either higher or lower.
(17) VESA mounting hardware sold separately.
(18) EPEAT where HP registers commercial display products. See www.epeat.net for country registration status.
(19) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
Intel and Intel Core are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. ENERGY STAR is a registered mark owned by the U.S. government. AMD is a trademark or registered trademark of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the achievement of expected operational and financial results; and other risks that are described in HP’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2010. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2011 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6559782&lang=en